Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 01-26-2005, 11:15 AM   #1
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
RV Parks Near Huntington WV ??

We are looking at going to the Kansas State / Marshall football game next fall. Wondering what RV parks available in that area. KOA has nothing in the state and Good Sams web site shows several sites in the state but doesn't provide me the information as to which is close etc. to our destination. New to this and don't want to experience too much too fast .

Thanks in advance.

/s/ Ron

skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 01:47 PM   #2
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
skypilot thanks for the post. This is the best way to find a camp ground. We have so many great folks that full time and can give you an idea. Keep in touch.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 03:10 PM   #3
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
I found a place that I think is about 7 miles from huntinton. It is near kenova called virginia point park Its off I 64 exit 1 or 6. Phone number 304-453-3121. Might try calling them and see. I did a google search. Couldn't find anything on trailer life web site.
Found another place beech fork state park. Do a google search on it with the name and city. They have a web site
http://www.beechforksp.com/
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 04:06 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
In our travels there were a couple of times when our logical (meaning daily mileage allotment reached) stopping place would be near Huntington. I could never find much in any of the CG directories in that area. So Ron's find is probably one of the few. Invariably there are parks available that are not in the printed or online directories but I don't like gambling on finding something when I'm tired.

If you want to find more than just the one, you might search for the chamber of commerce in that area and email or call them. Surely they'd have knowledge of CG's and have phone numbers for them. Sorry I'm of no direct help on this. There does seem to be a dearth of CG's in that area for some reason. At least in the directories.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 05:49 AM   #5
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Just a quick update - I visited the web for beech fork and emailed them. Their reply was that no reservations needed for the period I'm looking at, first come first served I guess after the end-o-summer holiday (?). Seems to fit our needs so thanks to all for your assistance. A little early right now to lock things down but looks like we'll be traveling east late summer.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 10:27 AM   #6
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ronstan

I found a place that I think is about 7 miles from huntinton. It is near kenova called virginia point park Its off I 64 exit 1 or 6. Phone number 304-453-3121. Might try calling them and see. I did a google search. Couldn't find anything on trailer life web site.
Found another place beech fork state park. Do a google search on it with the name and city. They have a web site
http://www.beechforksp.com/
I was in Huntinton/Kenova area today on business. If I would have seen the post I would have checked it out.Kenova is just across the Ohio River from Ashland Kentucky.
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote