Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
"B/R Valance Removal on the 3400"

Has anyone removed the main wooden valance in the B/R on the 3400? This would need to come off in the event the window shade would need to be replaced or worked on. I’m working on a small project and it seems to be a little baffling as to how it’s removed. I found 2 ells on each side of the window and when I removed the screws on the left side it came loose from the wall. The ells on the right side however weren’t being used for anything but it seems to be attached all along the wall on the right side from top to bottom. Where are the hidden screws located? Anyone know?

I’m going to look under the dresser if I can figure out how to remove the drawers. Maybe there are a couple of screws underneath. Thanks!

Old 08-15-2011, 03:49 PM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Bill, Keep looking for screws, maybe into the upper frame. I removed mine a few years ago to fix the shade. I know it comes down.... Good luck!!!!
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
Bill,
On the drawer removal if they are like mine, you need to pull the drawer all the way out until it stops. On the side in the track there is a small black piece of plastic. Push one side up as you pull on the drawer and then push the other down as you pull the drawer. I do not remember which side is up and down, but you will get it.
To reinstall the drawer push the track all the way in by hand then put the drawer in the track and push.
Hope it works for you as mine do.
As others have said on the window, keep looking there is a screw there.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:18 PM   #4
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
As I recall on our 3400, there were a couple of screws through the wood and into the wall at the the top left and right corners, and the center, of the valance. The "L"s were at the bottom.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:23 PM   #5
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Ok, thanks guys, I got it. Believe it or not “No Screws” someone had placed double edge adhesive behind the edge of the board against the wall. The 2 ells should have been fastened to the wall but there weren’t any screws in the wall part at all. Carefully I pried it loose from the wall and it came clean. No problems just have to figure a better way to fasten it back in case I need to remove it in the future.
Bill-N-Donna is offline   Reply With Quote