Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2004, 04:03 PM   #1
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Heater Boost

I was going through my treasures in the attic and found an old Hudson inline heater fan 12 vdc.
What I was thinking was conect it in the storage compartment by the hamper, and it's the same size as the round heater hose in the RV. the only problem I have is running the wire which is only 4 or 5 feet from the steps up to the bedroom to the main heater box.how to get there? and then use the wire that turns the main blower fan on and off, the other thing is do I use the positive wire as the disconect or the negative as the disconect ( the fan has an isolated ground).
Any input will be complied together and make a clean instalation and the profecional look.

TT2

Old 06-17-2004, 03:05 AM   #2
Flastro
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1393
Cant help you on the wiring, I have not looked at this , but a friend of mine did the same thing with a coachman to get more heat in the front bedroom. He ended up disconnecting it, too noisy, make sure that the fan you have is nice and quiet, just a thought.
Flastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 03:00 PM   #3
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Hummm! I never thought about that but it cant be any louder than the large fan that comes with the trailer, it's onlt a little thing. But I will set it up and turn on the fan and see what I hear over the other. Thanks for the info Kenny
Old 06-18-2004, 04:49 AM   #4
Flastro
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1393
No Problem, my neighbor was actually the one who had this done, after many months of complaining of little or no heat in the front bedroom, he hauled the unit back to the Coachman factory where they installed the in line fan, two weeks later, the wires were pulled and he went and purchased a little portable elec heater. As you said, the normal furnace fan is loud, then add more noise....yikes!
Flastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 10:31 AM   #5
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Flastro

No Problem, my neighbor was actually the one who had this done, after many months of complaining of little or no heat in the front bedroom, he hauled the unit back to the Coachman factory where they installed the in line fan, two weeks later, the wires were pulled and he went and purchased a little portable elec heater. As you said, the normal furnace fan is loud, then add more noise....yikes!
Yes you are so right on the electric heater, we got one of those. as a mater a fact forgot about it too, we have so much junk we carry you need a computer to file and place our stuff.

TT2