Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2007, 06:39 PM   #1
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Big Sky Owners

I am considering a 2008 Big Sky. I am curious. How are your Amana appliances working? If the frig really cold. How is the convection ovem?
What TV are they putting in the unit?
What made you go to the BS vs the Montana? Is the shower (I think it is a marble color) any different than the Montana showers?
How is the mattress quality?
I have prices for a 3400RL and the BS 340 and they are not too much different. So I am wondering if the upgraded items are worth the extra $5K and weight so your opinions will be much appreciated.
Thanks

RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 02:42 AM   #2
gjetzen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7542
There was an earlier thread a couple of weeks ago Montana vs Big Sky. You may want to look that up because It may shed some light on your decision or confuse you even more.
gjetzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 03:02 AM   #3
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Don't have a Montana but we do have a Cambridge. We have a Amana convection oven and it works great. As for the Fridg it will freeze ever thing if you set it on 1 we set ours on 3 and its very cold.

As for Tv's we have never kept the ones that come with the 5er. We had them take them out and we installed LCD's much better. I think the Big Sky does have a LCD.

Before the Big Sky came out we were thinking of going down to the Big Sky. However after seeing them we found that the bed room ceiling is lower than our Cambridge to the point I could not stand up (6'2)
and walk around the bed. We also though they have to much plastic trim, Montana symbols etc. I also thought it wouldn't be as heavy as our Cambridge. Only 800 or so pounds different. So we decided to keep the Cambridge. Also the price (MSRP) was as much as the Cambridge??? Good Luck on your choice... GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:14 AM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
We looked at a 3400RL Montana and the 340RLQ Big Sky. The two units are the same floorplan. Many of the Montana optional upgrades are standard on the Big Sky. We traded a 2003 Big Sky for the 2008. The only options we added to it were the second A/C and a stacked washer/dryer.

It has 2 televisions included, one in the bedroom and one in the entertainment center, both digital, both flat screen. The fireplace was included. The mattress is an RV mattress. We use a memory foam topper on it. The shower is a bit smaller than the Garden Tub of the 2003 Big Sky.

We liked the fit and finish of the Big Sky better. We thought the differences were what we wanted. So we bought what we wanted. Since we are fulltimers, we got what we liked.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 07:10 PM   #5
kwolff7
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6687
We felt the Big Sky was well worth the 5K difference, but you will see many opinions on this board. The value is different to each person. I think the painted graphics would be wonderful and looking forward to seeing a Big Sky that has been painted.
kwolff7 is offline   Reply With Quote