Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2013, 04:44 AM   #1
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Does Your Wife Know?

Now that I've got your attention I thought I'd put a plug in for the food events that are being held at the Fall Rally starting in just 37 days! In most cases the ones that are reading the posts on the Forum here are the gents in the family. I don't mean that the ladies don't read the posts but mainly the men check into the postings on problems and cures that have come up on the postings.

Gentlemen, if you and your significant other are going to the Fall Rally, please let your wife know of the food events at the Fall Rally so you don't get your rear in a jam by telling her at the last minute about having to bring something to the event happening that evening!

Here's a list of events where food is part of the festivities:

1. Sept. 25th--Meet, Greet and Eat in the Big Tent- bring snacks and your choice of beverage--water and coffee will be furnished

2. Sept. 26th--Tiara RV--No food required here-- they furnish it

3. Sept. 27th--Mennonite Relief Sale-- Food stands galore- so no cooking tonight

4. Sept 28th--Potluck Breakfast in the Big Tent
Amish Dinner[/u] at the Millers--They furnish a lot of food here

5. Sept 29th--Potluck Dinner in the Big Tent

6. Sept 30th--Ladies Luncheon-- Ladies Day Out- I think it's Filled--
Wine and Cheese Event-- Bring your favorite beverage and a snack or finger food--in the Big Tent

7. October 1st--Chili/Soup Cook-off-- Enter the competition or bring something to go along with the Chili or Soup
Ice Cream Social-- This is furnished by the WMs and if you would like to bring something such as cookies, cake or whatever it is up to you. Both of these events are held in the Big Tent

See we do a lot of eating here at the Fall Rally and you really don't want to miss out on any of the events. So let the wife know(if she is doing the fixing) and don't surprise her at the last minute! If you haven't signed up for any of the Food Events yet please do so ASAP. Some of the events we need to know for head count for preparation for it!

SEE YOU IN 37 DAYS!

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:29 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
I took John's schedule for the rally, printed it off. Discussed it with Joyce and decided (those who know us might read this as she told me) on what we would bring and which events each of us was going to. Arriving with a plan will allow continued harmony in the rig. Just saying.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:38 AM   #3
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
x2 DQDick
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:49 AM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Harmony in a rig-- what's that all about?
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:36 AM   #5
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
I am glad we will have a chance to eat.
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:53 PM   #6
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
Leonard, after the Central plains rally how did you think there would be no chance to eat??
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #7
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
And you don't know the half of it. There are also some good restaurants in the area with serving sizes way too big and food way too good.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #8
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Rondo,
In all honesty I do NOT have a CLUE as to what I'll be bringing to each of the 'food events' "in just 37 days" at the Rally! I don't even know what we're having to eat TOMORROW NIGHT! But I DO know that we WILL be eating tomorrow night. Food WILL be on the table when it's time to eat. It always is! (just like it ALWAYS IS at EVERY SINGLE RALLY WE'VE EVER ATTENDED!!!)

With that being said, I can promise you that we WILL be bringing a 'snack' to the 'Meet, Greet,& Eat' on the 25th. And we WILL be bringing a breakfast dish to the 'Potluck Breakfast' on the 28th, and we WILL be bringing a potluck dish to the 'Potluck Dinner' on the 29th, and we WILL be bringing a snack or finger food to the 'Wine & Cheese Event' on the 30th, and we WILL be bringing 'something' to go along with the chili or soup for the 'Chili/Soup Cook-off' on the 1st. I quite simply do NOT plan food that far in advance!

As for the events where 'they feed us'......we WILL be going to the Tiara RV on the 26th, and we WILL be going to the Amish dinner at the Millers' on the 28th. If there is a specific 'sign up area' for that, please tell Chris to add our names to the list if you cannot do so. Thank you.

Now I must get myself to the gym and begin wearing off MILLIONS of CALORIES that we will obviously be consuming in overabundance during the course of the rally!!!! Speaking of which: are any activities being planned where we can all get some MUCH NEEDED EXERCISE????
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote