Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2015, 03:04 PM   #21
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
I have one and can't even give it away, so I think I will take to Quartzsite next year and put it on the side of Plamosa road with a sign. FREE

PapaBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 05:12 PM   #22
h2ojocky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13025
A second x chock will probably satisfy you. I initially only used one and when I added a second it really helped.
h2ojocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 05:22 PM   #23
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
If any issues I myself would buy the two legged stabilizer. It helped with side to side movement with the old style fifth wheel without six way level up.
I think the devices that go between the tires that stop wheel movement are a better deal than the fifth wheel tripod is.

Tom Marty
Old 08-19-2015, 01:09 AM   #24
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
I left mine at home in 2008 and never missed it except for the pinched fingers! From a mechanical design--a single point connection to a 3 point (or legs) has a major weakness--the single point will not balance. It will still shift regardless of how much weight is on it. If you are in the San Antonio area and want mine--send me an email or contact--if I still have it--delivery will be free.
F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:51 PM   #25
Hooker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7915
To answer the OP's question...No, but it does help.
Hooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 12:53 PM   #26
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Keith,

I'm honestly going against the grain of public opinion here.
I have a BAL 3 leg tripod. I also have a rigid pin box. I will honestly say it will take out 50% of the movement front to back which is where I find most of my issues. It may be up and down but it is felt as front to rear.

I have to emphasize that I have a rigid pin box. Maybe if it was a morride or trailair I would not feel this way.

If I'm only going for a weekend then I will forego the tripod. But If I'm out for a week at a time it is a no brainer. I store it in the front storage compartment with the head behind the battery box. The three legs have removable pins to extend the legs with two chains to keep the three feet taught.

My wife has heavy feet and she says the same about me. So the jury is still out on who creates the most motion. I have drawn up plans to implement the equivalent leg to frame stablilzer. I just haven't got out the welder and plates to mount it up yet.

your mileage may vary. Mine came with the monty. But with the prices so low on the used market give it a try dependent on your pin box. Heck with all the bad reviews. Maybe you could borrow one from someone at a campground to try out.

Best of luck in all your travels.
Chris

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Keith Schweizer

I know this topic has been discussed in the past with comments being both pro and con as far as support on front end of fiver. I am wondering if one of the better tripod mounts will help in eliminating any of the movement/ shaking that is felt when someone else walks around in fiver. I wheel chock one side of trailer and put a tire x chock on other side. Any suggestions would appreciated.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:53 PM   #27
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Chris ... once you fab your equivalent of JT Stabilizers and get them on, you'll wonder why you drug that ole tripod around for so long. There's just no comparison and there's no dragging the darned thing around anymore.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote