Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2015, 12:59 PM   #1
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
LED Awning lights

My Original Dometic Under awning led strip went Dim so I bought some new one's from Superbrightled.com but the Only problem was they would not fit in my Existing Dometic Channel housing and they do not come with a new channel,they sell them but they are not cheap so I returned them and bought these 16ft LED strip WITH housing on E bay for 51 bucks and free shipping http://www.ebay.com/itm/281392826925...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT and MAN what a difference!!! Very bright and so much thicker and heavy duty then the Stock wimpy dim Dometic,I tore off the old Dometic Channel attached under my awing and installed these and Glad I did Now I got my BLING back

Old 04-10-2015, 04:24 PM   #2
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
Jimmy, is the backing piece flexible or stiff? These might work also on my 4 post lift to mount on the inside of ramps for some good under car lighting. I was thinking of using some strong magnets on the backing strips so I can slide or remove them
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:58 PM   #3
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
The LED strips by themselves with 3M tape on the back are pretty flexable but the Plastic channel they go into is stiff and not so flexable