Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 01-05-2015, 07:23 AM   #1
WaltBennett
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13325
J. T. Strongarm installation info

Picked up a set at Tarara during the rally, but didn't get around to installing them until we got home - and then there was Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then New Years . . . Anyway, when I got to doing the rear stabilizers, I found that the stock Lippert stabilizer diagonal reinforcement bars at each end wouldn't let me mount the ends of the Strongarms anywhere like the were supposed to be on the frame cross member.

Kudos to Lippert customer service! They responded within a couple of days (it was the holidays) and told me to take the rear diagonal reinforcement bars off as the Strongarms would provide the same reinforcement. I'm sure that's what most RV techs would just go ahead and do, but I wanted to be certain I wouldn't be causing another problem. I've got the street side front set to go still, but that is going to entail putting some spacers under my battery bank first and it's too cold for my old bones right now.

Old 01-06-2015, 04:55 PM   #2
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
I installed mine back in 09,had to buy steel tube 3/8" wall. I think it was 7 ft long and cut a notch at each end. Using a step bit drilled the desired size hole for the bolt in tubing and frame. First I lined up the steel tubing so the Strongarms were at the right place to accept the angle that was needed. Then Drilled the holes. It has been good to go for the last six years. Hope that helps.
randye is offline   Reply With Quote