Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2007, 03:00 AM   #1
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
Water pressure/Volume

I have searched and cant find, All was fine and then my water Volume dropped to a small amount but I do have water. I thought the filter was clogged,the pressure gauge on the output side of the filter read 42lb replaced the filter, all same checked all the lines appear OK. went and turned on the pump with the city water connected and the pump came on and had all the water I want. Is there a check valve somwhere that can make this happen?

Thanks All
Bob

Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:42 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Bob, just for grins, use another hose and by pass the filter completely, take off your pressure regulator, if any and see what it does then. There is a check valve on your inlet in the convenience center, this may free it if stuck.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 03:55 AM   #3
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
Ozz I have removed the entire filter system and have the hose running straight to the city water hookup, I will see if there is a check valve in the inlet where the hose hooks up, and remove clean or replace.
Thanks
OH we had Snow last night so keep going on the beach and the coronas cant wasit till retirement..
Old 11-21-2007, 05:47 AM   #4
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Sounds like you just answered your own question......"OH we had Snow last night" Probably frozen on the inlet line somewhere, keep running the water and see if the plug will melt.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:54 AM   #5
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
No, it is not Ice it started prior to the cold, also have a heat tape and the conection is inside the control panel which is heated on the 3400.I 'm working now but will look deeper when I get home.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:13 AM   #6
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
Ok, want to feel dumb.. I found the problem, after pulling all the walls and hoses out the conv. center heater walls..well all was fine and when it started getting cold the heat tape came on like it should and the heat made the hose soft and it was kinked, I had the extra hose coiled. so when it was streched out it worked fine.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:23 AM   #7
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Glad you found the problem. I bet you are not the first.
Cheers,
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote