Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2007, 04:17 AM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Had no idea I could get so worked up about water pressure...Can tell you that the pressure here in this C.G fluctuates wildly.Have measured it as high as 85PSI.. However this morning we measure 78PSi at the C.G fixture . Then through the Valterra High flow regulator Model # A01-1113VP purchased at C.W. We measure 60PSI.. That is C.G fixture regulator,hose. The packaging for the regulator was marked at 45 PSI as was the web site,,It is stamped 55-60 PSI on the regulator itself...The resulting pressure in the camper is satisfactory. I have no idea what all that means but the numbers are the numbers....

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:31 AM   #22
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
I was looking at new Montanas yesterday at a dealer not too far from our rv park. We walked into a sleek unit and the first thing to catch our eye was a cabinet door hanging by one screw, the top hinge had completely detached, and the bottom hinge was just varily hanging by the one screw. Two more couples came in behind us and immediately left muttering about quality workmanship. Too bad the dealer doesn't have someone check out the unit before opening it up for display. Had the same problem with my Wilderness and replaced all of the hinge screws with longer screws, but so far after 6,000 miles the Montana is doing just fine.

bob

rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:12 AM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Well when at the Phoenix show I was looking over the new sofa and when I pulled out the underbed drawer it fell apart in my hands..There were 2 other couples in the camper..don't think they bought a Montana.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:44 AM   #24
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Saw some doors laying on the floor at the Dealer display, but it wasn't screws. They were open and the slide ripped them off the wall. Bad show
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:27 PM   #25
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Rick: Re the pressure drop over a 30 ft run of hose, I'm amazed. I always figured pressure is pressure, and, unless it is doing some "work" (turning a turbine, etc) or passing through some obstructions, there should be very little pressure drop over such a fairly "short" run.

I just moved today and checked my setup as I was hooking up at the new site. Pressure at the CG outlet was 50 psi. Pressure at the end of a 20 ft hose, no regulator, no filter, was 50 psi. Installed the filter(s) got 47 psi (a 3 psi drop) at the far end of the outlet hose. Added a 50 psi regulator at the outlet side of the filter and lost another 5-7 psi, down to 40 psi or so, even though it was 47 psi going in..

Thanks for the observation from your former work stuff...I'm still scratrching my head over those observations..

Best,
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:19 PM   #26
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I have a 50 ft of 1/2 inch hose. At times our pressure is pathetic. I have a brass press reducer. Not sure if it's the high flow. But it has never been used as we have never had high press. I will eventually get around to picking up a 25 ft 5/8 inch hose. I'm sure it will help. Also made sure all my reducers were out of my showerhead and hose. Big help there.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote