Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-27-2007, 03:59 AM   #1
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Cold - Nose Running

The nose cap must have a cold. Its nose is running

Another Montana owner and I (his 06 mine 07) both have ice cycles off the nose cap.
Is this normal? Does others have this problem? What is causing it? How is it fixed?
I think I need help from the experts.

full size picture - http://i12.tinypic.com/4cronep.jpg

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 10:07 AM   #2
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
John are you sure the icicles are not coming from melting snow on top of your Monte? The one picture on the right looks like melting snow coming down the rib. The other by the kingpin, I have no answer. Can you pull some of the screws from the bottom cover of the overhang and see what is in there? I think that is the only way you can tell if you have water inside. If it looks wet inside, I'd be contacting the dealer.

My Monte is out in the backyard with melting snow and I don't have icicles, but I will watch for them.

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 03:35 PM   #3
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
I'd prescribe go another 200 miles farther south and put it to bed. SeeYa
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:13 AM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We don't have icicles in Arizona. Try Arizona!

Seriously, I bet it's moisture on the outside running down the wall of the coach and freezing.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:08 PM   #5
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
I had water entering the nose cap from a cracked / screwed in too tight running light up on top. Dealer replaced the lens and resealed everything with some caulk -- no problem with water in cap since. (It will run down the inside of the fiberglass to the lowest point - might want to push up on the cover around your hitch-pin and see if you get anywater out of there -- dealer had to lower mine a bit to allow all that excess water to run out.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote