Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2009, 12:35 PM   #21
Freeda II
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7813
We also have a 08 3400. We used it a lot last summer. We created a list for the dealer. 29 items in total. Kept in close communication with the dealer as we found the items to correct. Once the summer was over we took our unit back to resolve all items. The dealer was able to get all the items done. We did get an extended warranty so hopefully this will help. No issues this summer so that is a plus. We will be going on a 4.5 month trip in Jan. a pre retirement trip so hopefully we will be without issues. If not I have the extended warranty

Freeda II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:14 AM   #22
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
My question would be why would any company repair something that is out of the stated warranty period. Does that mean that Ford will replace a blown turbo or a failed xmittion out of the stated warranty period. What am I missing...or don't know. keystone will correct things out of the warranty priod IF there was a known proplem..like the frame flex issue. We do have the extended warranty..We do not live far from Goshen. Keystone has never repaired anything out of the stated warranty period and i do not expect them to..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:09 AM   #23
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Well Keystone in the past has stepped up and repaired things they know were problem issues, they may have stopped, thats their decision. The fact they did correct a issue for us after the warranty is why we would have bought another Cambridge if they had continued to build them. The Cambridge 358 was one of the largest 5th wheels we have ever owned, I could actually stand up in the front next to the bed without bumping my head? The frame flex issue has been aroung since back in early 2000 ??????. Good Luck. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:57 PM   #24
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

My question would be why would any company repair something that is out of the stated warranty period. Does that mean that Ford will replace a blown turbo or a failed xmittion out of the stated warranty period. What am I missing...or don't know. keystone will correct things out of the warranty priod IF there was a known proplem..like the frame flex issue. We do have the extended warranty..We do not live far from Goshen. Keystone has never repaired anything out of the stated warranty period and i do not expect them to..
Rich, I take exception with the above highlighted sentence. Keystone stepped up to the plate for me at the last Fall Rally('08) and made quite a few repairs beyond my warranty point and I really don't recall paying for them. As Darrell says, and I've heard you say before, The service center is not set up to accept payment for anything.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote