Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2007, 02:13 AM   #1
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
DVD , TV, & Speakers

Still getting familiar with the new Montana. First time out, I could not get the DVD player to play on the View Sonic TV. Sound came out of the surround sound speakers OK, but no picture. Worked for a long time with the component cable (I think that is what it is called, 3 wires with 3 plugs) with no luck. In the TV input selection mode, I tried all input options with no luck. Finally bought an S-Video cable got a good picture on the TV. Anyone else had a problem using the component cable hookup?
Also in the bedroom, there are two speakers over the bed. No sound from these. Are they supposed to be connected to the bedroom TV? Haven't looked into that one yet.

BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:50 AM   #2
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
See Glenns post below but in summary....

On input selection component video comes in from the "AV" source selection
Speakers in the bedroom are wired into the DVD player. Don't have the remote infront of me but it is one of the buttons, maybe the "A-B" button but I think that one doesn't do it. I have to play with it everytime to figure it out. Not very intuative at all.

Bill
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 05:41 AM   #3
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
Did your TV & DVD work during your PDI? We noticed during our PDI that TV and DVD were not working, told the dealer that without the TV & DVD working they were not getting paid...they got on it right away and fixed it. Cables all connected correctly, found that one of the Old World Craftsmen at the factory had cut one of the cables with a knife. Dealer replaced the cable and both units worked fine. Bill is correct. Look on your DVD remote and look for the A/B button. Good luck.
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 08:10 AM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Thanks, I will do some more looking. The TV worked at the PDI but I did not try a DVD. My mistake.
I tried the AV selection (and all others) but TV showed "NO SIGNAL". When I installed the S-Video cable and selected S-VIDEO as the input, worked fine.
On the back of the DVD/Sound System box, I thought there were only 5 speaker outputs for the 5 speakers in the living room. I will have to look again.
Yeah, I noticed some of the "old world craftsman" work. After I got it home, I noticed one of the propane hoses on the curb side had been folded over twice into what I guess he thought looked like a pretty way of doing it. Problem was it was folded back so tight, the hose had collapsed. I loosened the connection and formed it into a nice smooth loop as it should have been done in the first place.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote