Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2007, 05:46 PM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quest DVD????

OK I'm just a bit technically challenged. Being able to watch TV 90% of the time I never learned how to operate the DVD. Well Yes I do know how to turn it on but how do I get it to play thru the TV???

We have the Quest DVD and the View Sonic TV. I know it is all wired correctly because when I got the Monty there was a DVD about the new Blair air bed sofa in the DVD and it did play thru the TV just fine but that was 6 months ago and I haven't touched the DVD since.
Since we began this summers trip to Oregon I have been in 4 different CGs where there was NO TV reception including the state park we are now in.
When I play the DVD I can hear the audio of the movie but no picture. What am I missing??????????????????????????

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 06:54 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

OK I'm just a bit technically challenged. Being able to watch TV 90% of the time I never learned how to operate the DVD. Well Yes I do know how to turn it on but how do I get it to play thru the TV???

We have the Quest DVD and the View Sonic TV.

What am I missing??????????????????????????
I don't have either of these, but I am in CA and still awake so I'll take a shot. I suspect you haven't switched the TV to Video 1 (or 2 or 3 or ? ) input. If you normally watch Cable TV (or over-the-air (OTA)) via the bat wing antenna, the signal comes in through the tuner. DVDs put out a different type of signal which comes in through one of the multiple "Video In" ports. There should be a button on your remote (and on the TV) to swap between the Tuner and the various Video In ports.

Carl (& Susan) Youngren

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:30 PM   #3
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
On the tv remote there is a button called input push it and a menu should appear select one and try it. I would check mine and tell you which setting but the Monty is in the shop to do the touch ups and install the fireplace
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:16 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by hookman

On the tv remote there is a button called input push it and a menu should appear select one and try it. I would check mine and tell you which setting but the Monty is in the shop to do the touch ups and install the fireplace
THANK YOU hookman! It worked. The DVD setting on the input screen is "AV". Tonight we watch "My Cousin Vinny" and than it's a trip to Wally World to get a few more. No more BORING nights watching a SNOWY TV. Heck I went to full timing to get away from the SNOW. I sure don't need it on my TV screen.

Also a THANKS to Carl for your assistance.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:01 PM   #5
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
After all your help and others on this website it is nice to help you out. The manuals are not to good. Enjoy your movies.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:24 AM   #6
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Glenn,
If your unit was set up like mine there is another 2 mods I can recommend for you.
1. split your coax cable going into the tv and provide the second feed to the HD tuner input located right below the cable input on the back of the viewsonic. Then using the "input" selector you can choose "DTV" as your source. Once you have selected DTV as the input the menu button will let you do a channel search like you do for regular TV. Your antenna must be up and the amplifier turned on just like getting over the air signals but the picture will blow you away.
2. Set up your system to play over the air programing sound through your surround sound. The view sonic has audio out RCA jacks on the back. You can get a set of RCA plugs and connect the TV Audio out with the DVD AUX Audio in. Instead of buying new cables I used the audio plugs associated with the DVD video out cable. It is currently hooked up to send the video AND audio from the DVD to the TV. Well if I am listening to the surround sound I turn down the TV audio anyway. so I removed the audio cords between the DVD Outpot and Viewsonic Input and hooked them up as outlined above. Hey, if you are going to have an awesome picture you should be able to listen to the sound on the surround sound system. JMHO.

Bill
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:31 AM   #7
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

We have the Quest DVD and the View Sonic TV. I know it is all wired correctly because when I got the Monty there was a DVD about the new Blair air bed sofa in the DVD and it did play thru the TV just fine but that was 6 months ago and I haven't touched the DVD since.
Since we began this summers trip to Oregon I have been in 4 different CGs where there was NO TV reception including the state park we are now in.
When I play the DVD I can hear the audio of the movie but no picture. What am I missing??????????????????????????
Glen, you will have to meet my wife sometime. She does great with the coffee maker (sometimes) but that's about it!
ARJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:19 PM   #8
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
thanks Bill I found an old splitter so on the weekend I will hook it up that way. I mainly use satellite but some times you can't get a clear shot or on a one night set up it is not worth the trouble so the antenna comes in handy.