Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2007, 06:01 PM   #1
Mike-n-Jen
Established Member

M.O.C. #6517
Stackable W/D in a 3500RL?

A little help please...

We want a washer / dryer in our Monty. Preferably an apartment stacked type.

I dont think the all in one W/D combos will get the job done for us. By my figures between the three of us, my work clothes and a four year olds play clothes we would have to do two loads of laundry every day!

I am thinking of removing the bedroom television to make the room for a stackable. Has anyone done this or looked into it? Im concerned there just is not enough room do do this.

Any thoughts??

Thanks!
Mike

Mike-n-Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:41 AM   #2
rak
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5481
I don't think you can do that. The nose cap slants to much to give enought heigth on the back side for a sackable. I wish it did because I would do it in an instant. I did remove the tv and made extra storage. I made a door out of the tv frame and mounted an LCD there. If the nose cap did not slant the way it does you could put in a stackable unit. If you figure out a way to do it let us know.
Dick
rak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:09 PM   #3
Mike-n-Jen
Established Member

M.O.C. #6517
Thanks for the reply Dick. Sorry for the slow responce, we have been away for a funeral.

I think you are right about the clearance issue in the closet area, too bad. I was hoping to go the LCD route myself, That would be pretty slick

OK now on to researching the all in one units some more. I just dont like the looong drying times I have seen so far.

Thanks again
Mike
Mike-n-Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:54 PM   #4
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Mike--Just a quick bit of background before I make my comment. 1.We spent 16 months in Alamogordo with a toddler living in a trailer with washer but no dryer. I worked out on the test range at White Sands and went through clothes like nobody's business. 2. We spent nearly three years in the UK with two teen-agers. I had to go to work in 3 piece business suit and starched white shirts. While in the UK we had an under counter washer-only unit the same size as the Splendide that took care of all our needs without any issue. We had the biggest problem with the drying--humidity was frequently at 100% and so we had to drape things over the radiators. Not attractive. What we missed most was the dryer! Neither UK house we lived in ever had space for one. I really think you could manage with the W/D combo. You are in NM where the drying time is super speedy. We could hang things outside and they would be bone dry in an hour. The toddler could get as messy as he wanted--and there was never a problem with clean stuff. Even my jeans would dry fast. Point is--you could have a W/D combo and use the dryer part when in places where it is damp--but use Mother Nature's dryer when in the dry southwest. That way when you only use the washer part and hang things to dry you can get two loads done in the time for one. Course ya gotta get Jen to buy into the process. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote