Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2007, 04:57 AM   #1
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Heat/Ac

I've got a problem with my heat and A/C, I checked everything before we left last week for north Fla. Furnace worked and the A/C worked. We got up there and was turning on the heat and it did'nt work. Checked all the breakers and fuses and still no work. Tryed the a/c just to see and it wouldn't kick on either. So I figured ok it's the thermostat. Not. So before I take it to the dealer thought I'd try here. Thanks

jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:42 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
What clicked, thumped, buzzed, or otherwise made noises when you tried the A/C, then the Furnace?
What were you plugged into? Why did you rule out the Thermostat?
Give as many details as possible, and we will try to help.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:43 AM   #3
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
How long did you wait for the furnace or AC to kick in after turning it on? Ours seems to have a delay of 3 to 5 minutes.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:22 AM   #4
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I would check your 12 volt fuses. Since it is both Heat and AC they operate on different circuits but your thermostat is off one 12 VDC source. That is the only common element.
Good luck.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:49 AM   #5
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Thanks, I checked the 12 volt fuses and they were all good. Thats what led me to the thermostat. Being it was the only thing in common. I put a new thermostat in Ozz. Maybe it is bad as well??? When I set the thermostat to a/c you hear a relay or something clicking for just a short time. Now I may need to ask the DW to listen for me Deaf as can be. Tom, I left it on for at least 1/2 hr. The thing that bothers me is when we first plugged in and about 5 minutes everything went black. I went back out and no breakers at the post were broke. Then all the lights came back on. After that is when we found the furnace wouldn't work. A woman told us the next morning they didn't have power for a couple hours. And yes I do have the Hughes autoformer, Thanks all for the help and ideas...Ive been emptying the cabinets and going to trace wires. I'll let you all know when I find it.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:20 PM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Don't tear anything apart, I would get a meter, or have someone that has one and knows how to use it, check the power at the supply pole, then work in to your unit and check the power at your main line voltage panel.
You are spinning wheels without checking power at each possible point; Park power, main RV panel, converter-so on.
It's possible the power 'spiked' causing all sorts of problems.
Meter.
Good luck, my friend.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote