Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2010, 05:08 PM   #21
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Don,
There are valid reasons for having your landing legs rest on blocks. Often the CG will have blacktop sites. Blacktop will allow your landing legs to sink and make a hole. On dirt or gravel the same thing can occur.

The landing legs are much less wobbly if you don't put them all the way down. It is much more stable having blocks under the legs. Also depending on how level the site is front to back you may actually need to put some blocks down just so you can unhook and hook. The legs will only go so far. Granted we've only had a couple of times we've run into this situation. But we've often had to park on asphalt pads and in our part of the world you MUST use blocks just to keep from ruining the pad.

Travel safely,
HamRad

HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:11 AM   #22
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by clarkandsheila

Trailer Trash

I may have missed it but who made the chock you showed?
Thanks
They were made by this company, but there is no information on their website about them, so I don't know if they still make them or not.

http://www.perfectionmolders.com/index.html
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:30 PM   #23
Wiesehan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9711
Send a message via Yahoo to Wiesehan
I had this same thing happen years ago. In addition to changing to X-chocks, I NEVER use blocks under the landing gear. If the coach gets pushed off the blocks during hook up (or any other reason) it falls on the truck and damage can be into the thousands of dollars! I see several folks use all kinds of blocks under the landing gear and I think it is an accident waiting to happen. The manufacture puts adjustable legs on these coaches for a reason and I hope more folks start using them and get rid of the blocks!
Don
Wheel to wheel SS side bars
Wiesehan is offline   Reply With Quote