Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2009, 06:37 AM   #1
sfretts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8573
A Sad Day in the Northwest

Many of you may have heard of the tragic murder of four Police officers in our area. Being in law enforcement, this has hit me real hard as we lost another officer (who started out in my dept) about three weeks earlier.

These three men and one woman were getting ready to go on shift on a brisk Sunday morning when they were shot and killed as they drank coffee at a local coffee shop.

Yesterday, over 20,000 people honored these brave brothers and sisters for their ultimate sacrifice. It was a trying and tough day for most of us.

My reason for writing, besides venting, is to remind everyone our world continues to change and it seems violence towards cops is escalating at an alarming pace. Please add your local cop to your thoughts and thank them for the job they do. I guess as I near retirement, the reality and realization I am not invincible starts to hit home. Any way, thanks for listening.

sfretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:19 AM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Thanks for the post, we need to remember the difficult job local officers have to deal with on a day to day basis. I think they are very underpaid for the job they do.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:34 AM   #3
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
I am working today with a young man who is a paramedic and serves as a part time police officer. About a year ago, his home was torched as he and his wife and children slept. All escaped without harm but the house was a total loss. Although the crime was heavily investigated, no one was ever arrested.

I have the greatest respect for these people.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:45 AM   #4
Jim Dickey
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7372
Steve, Thank you for your service. God bless all Officers.
Jim Dickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:47 AM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I have a brother-in-law serving in L.A. Police Department, his wife is a dispatcher for LAPD, and another Brother-in-law serving in the Juneau Police Department, yes, the same town where Gov. Sarah Palin served before her departure. I also have a close a nephew serving in the Texas Rangers providing Secret Service type duty for the Texas governor around the Austin, TX area. This doesn't even count the friends through them that we have made. We have nothing but positive stories in how they have treated us!

With their help, we are continually reminded and provided information of the crimes against our Police services. It is tragic how hard these men and women work to try to keep our areas safe and some loophole, bleeding heart or other screwup puts them back in the streets. With the media's help too much time is spent pounding these services instead of supporting them.

I also say God Bless all Officers!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:58 AM   #6
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

It is tragic how hard these men and women work to try to keep our areas safe and some loophole, bleeding heart or other screwup puts them back in the streets. With the media's help too much time is spent pounding these services instead of supporting them.
Pretty well says it!!! Sounds like that shooter should never have been allowed back on the steets, EVER! JMHO.

I have the greatest respect for these people AND their families as well!!! It's makes one wonder why anyone would want to sign up for a career in law enforcement these days. I tip my hat to those who keep coming forward to do the job!!!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:54 PM   #7
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Quote:
quote:sfretts Posted - Dec 09 2009 : 1:37:25 PM
...My reason for writing, besides venting, is to remind everyone our world continues to change and it seems violence towards cops is escalating at an alarming pace. Please add your local cop to your thoughts and thank them for the job they do. I guess as I near retirement, the reality and realization I am not invincible starts to hit home. Any way, thanks for listening.
A very tragic event that should not have happened.

After 35 years with Spokane SO, I totally agree with you about the escalating violence upon LEOs. Things have changed drastically since I started in 1970.

As far as your retirement, go when you can. It was the best thing I every did. Don't get me wrong, I loved the job, but now I love retirement.

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:33 PM   #8
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
I think the blame for this excacution type shooting, can be blamed on the governor who pardened that slime ball. from what I heard he didnt even read up on the person he was granting this to, if he would have researched before signing it would never have happened.
What a shame all the lives and family's he messed up.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:09 AM   #9
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I have worked closely with LEO's when I was performing forensic analysis on computers. NASA at the time had the better technology and experience. We also worked with them in some investigations that were on federal property.

What I can say is God bless you all for what you do. At one time I thought I would like to have been a police officer, but in today's times I'm happy to have you out there protecting us.

Thank you.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote