Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-17-2011, 04:48 AM   #1
just trampin

M.O.C. #9044
Send a message via Yahoo to just trampin
swiveling/sliding table top 3400RL

I want to swivel our dining room table but can't seem to figure out how! - my wife swears that the sales person showed me how to do this when we purchased in 2009. Owners manual shows it turned in both positions but does not say how to do it.........I didn't think I had to undo any screws, etc. to make this happen but maybe I am wrong? Just Trampin

just trampin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:15 AM   #2
CATCRAW
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11243
Ours does swivel - if you look under the table top you should see a metal lever that you pull out on while you swivel the table top.
CATCRAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:35 AM   #3
drsmart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10690
Same with ours. It's like a spring loaded pin release. It's quite stiff and I've gotten into the habit of laying under the table facing up and while I pull the release, DW starts to swing the table. While I'm down there, I open the extension and install two wedges that make the extended section much snugger. I also string a bungee around the center pillar and hook the ends onto two screws that are on the inside ends of the extension table. That keeps the extension from accidentally coming out and down. That could ruin a meal if there are loaded dishes on top. I just found that when we first tried the extension, it seamed way too loose and could easily come out at the wrong time. The screws were already there which leads me to believe there was supposed to be something provided for tensioning.

Dave
drsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:01 AM   #4
moutard2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10948
There's also another pin that you'll need to release for the sliding motion to work.
moutard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:59 PM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Do you think there is also the small possibility that they said it swivels but it doesn't, since this was an option for some time and may not be on your rig. You don't mention the year of your rig and that might help to tell if you should have it.

Best thing to do is look under your table. If you don't see any metal with ball bearings underneath then the table top will not swivel. I don't know if there's another apparatus to provide this but that would be a clue.

I do hope you have this option. This is a mod that is on my wish list since I have an older model that doesn't have it.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:30 PM   #6
Weldon
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11213
We have a 347THT 2010. The one we have does slide, if you look under the table you will see to off-set hinges only one side of the hinge is fastened to the top the other side of the hinge fits in a slot which keeps the top from moving, during driving. You reach under the table and pull the side of the hinge down that is not connected.
Weldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:33 PM   #7
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Robert-- you might want to do a search on dining table or New Dining Table and click on the Archived Posts. There is a post from July 30, 2009 titled New Dining Table and on the second poster(Jolu) there are pictures of what they did to a pedestal dining table to make it swivel. Just one idea but I know there have been more than this one but I could not locate them right away! Good luck and let us know what you do to your table!

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:01 PM   #8
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

Do you think there is also the small possibility that they said it swivels but it doesn't, since this was an option for some time and may not be on your rig. You don't mention the year of your rig and that might help to tell if you should have it.

Best thing to do is look under your table. If you don't see any metal with ball bearings underneath then the table top will not swivel. I don't know if there's another apparatus to provide this but that would be a clue.

I do hope you have this option. This is a mod that is on my wish list since I have an older model that doesn't have it.
swiveling/sliding table top 3400RL

I want to swivel our dining room table but can't seem to figure out how! - my wife swears that the sales person showed me how to do this when we purchased in 2009. Owners manual shows it turned in both positions but does not say how to do it.........I didn't think I had to undo any screws, etc. to make this happen but maybe I am wrong? Just Trampin

Art, he said it was a 2009 3400RL
The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:37 PM   #9
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
Well the salesman told us all about it too, plus the storage under the chair cushions, but guess what the model we wanted didn't have either and wasn't even the right color for the interior. We made sure they put the right table and chairs back it before we finalized the deal. So it is possible your table doesn't swivel if it's the wrong one. You can aways manually swivel it by undoing it from the floor.