Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2019, 07:27 PM   #1
GreenBear
Established Member

M.O.C. #25111
Dealer Recommendations for New Montana

My wife and I are ready to order a 2020 Montana 3791RD (loaded, legacy package, paint, etc.). I am interested to if anyone can recommend a dealer you have had a good personal experience with from a sales and ordering perspective.

I am looking for a dealer that will give me a solid price out of the gate, etc. I have done my research and know the options / features we want and also know about what we should pay. We don't have a ton of time (nor the patience) to negotiate and play sales games, etc. We are willing to travel to pick up the unit so location isn't really that important. We do want some dealer installed options so service after the sale is important.

Dealer recommendations appreciated.

Thanks!

GreenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 07:44 PM   #2
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Tiara in Elkhart is good.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 07:51 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
We use 4 Seasons RV in Enterprise, Ks.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:23 PM   #4
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Many MOC members use Leach Camper in Council Bluffs, Iowa. We live in Colorado and stop by for service work on our way through. I make an appointment, show up in the morning and am usually on my way the same day. Although they were the least expensive dealer, I would pay extra for the service we receive. As I tell people who ask, I say choose your dealer first, then brand and model. Your dealer will determine if you are happy with your unit or not. Best of luck in finding the right dealer for you.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 07:21 AM   #5
John & Vickie

M.O.C. #24810
We purchased our 2020 330rl from Good life rv in Des Moines, Iowa. Between the internet and phone calls made the deal, they have been good to work with and we didn't mind the drive from California to pick it up. John & Vickie
John & Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 07:51 AM   #6
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
I bought mine at Holiday World in Alvarado at the Fort Worth RV Show in January 2018. I have not had any warranty items to deal with so I have no idea how their service is. We had a few bumps getting out of the door with the sale process - ultimately it got worked out. We had a good salesman who has since transferred to their Mesquite store east of Dallas.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 02:47 PM   #7
Blackshadow
Established Member

M.O.C. #14521
Send a message via AIM to Blackshadow Send a message via MSN to Blackshadow Send a message via Yahoo to Blackshadow
We purchased ours online from Lakeshore RV, Muskegon, Michigan while we were wintering in Texas. They held it till spring until we could pick it up.
When we picked it up, there were three other buyers there from other states saying they were able to purchase at the best price from this dealership.
We were not as pleased with their service department, but it has been three years and that may have changed. Prices and deals great.
Blackshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 02:51 PM   #8
GreenBear
Established Member

M.O.C. #25111
Thanks a ton for all the replies - super helpful and I will check them out.
GreenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 02:59 PM   #9
Jamesb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21011
I know it’s half the world away, but at least call RV Outlet USA in Ringolds, VA. They sell thousands online and telephone. They will give you bottom price over the phone. Service also has been great for us. At least compare price. Montana’s are their biggest sellers. Good luck.

rv007.com
434-799-8721
Old 10-16-2019, 03:22 PM   #10
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
regardless on where you buy service after the sale can be an issue even if you buy locally. good luck
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 10:39 AM   #11
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
We bought our last one from Pete’s RV in Scherville Indiana. Sight unseen and a really good price. Had a couple issues that needed fixed and just this spring had to order some parts and get them sent to Idaho. They have always been good.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 01:43 PM   #12
DoughertyAcre
Established Member

M.O.C. #20640
We highly recommend Walnut Ridge in New Castle IN. As mentioned, service after the purchase is important and we have been treated great by them. They are the dealer Keystone mentioned at the rally as the dealer chosen to sell the 1,000,000th Montana. John Stout was our salesman - we love him.
2015 Ford F350 (I love my truck !!!!!)
DoughertyAcre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 03:46 PM   #13
Theunz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18384
Unless you want to drive to the dealer you purchased from, or you are full timers, you need to know that many dealers will not do warranty work on units that they did not sell. Some will do the work but will put you at the end of a long line.
Old 10-23-2019, 01:25 PM   #14
StageCoachDriver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22620
Avoid Camping World. After sales service is iffy.
StageCoachDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 01:35 PM   #15
PatrickandMarga
Established Member

M.O.C. #24888
We were very satified with this Montana dealer

My wife and I purchased our first Fifth Wheel, a 2020 Montana 3741fk. We searched and searched for different models and dealers for 6 months.
With an online search, I stumbled across Tacey Wilber from A & S Rv Center in Michigan. Because we were newbies, she took her time to explain a lot about the RV lifestyle, what to look for and tips about traveling.
I know they sell many rigs outside of Michigan and no one beat Tacey's "out the door price". She would be worth a call...
Tacey Wilber
A and S Rv Center
248-373-5811
https://www.asrvcenter.com/
PatrickandMarga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 01:44 PM   #16
sberlin
Established Member

M.O.C. #22049
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBear View Post
My wife and I are ready to order a 2020 Montana 3791RD (loaded, legacy package, paint, etc.). I am interested to if anyone can recommend a dealer you have had a good personal experience with from a sales and ordering perspective.

I am looking for a dealer that will give me a solid price out of the gate, etc. I have done my research and know the options / features we want and also know about what we should pay. We don't have a ton of time (nor the patience) to negotiate and play sales games, etc. We are willing to travel to pick up the unit so location isn't really that important. We do want some dealer installed options so service after the sale is important.

Thanks!
I’d recommend RV Outlets USA in Ringgold VA. I drove from CA to buy our new 2018 3701LK in June of last year. I had a good experience over the phone and a better one in person. They had the best price from anyone in the country. I stayed around for 3 weeks in an RV park and brought it back twice to fix a couple things all under warranty. They scheduled me right in and finished promptly so as not to hold me up.
sberlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 01:46 PM   #17
janetsinbox

M.O.C. #24958
Excellent Dealer Recommendation

My husband and I ordered a 2020 Montana 3931FB Legacy from Northgate RV in Ringgold, GA. We worked with Kaitlyn and were trained by Mike. We can't say enough great things about the experience. Although we were quoted 8 to 10 weeks on delivery and it took several weeks longer, they stayed in touch to let us know. Summer is obviously not the best time to place an order. After shopping around for 3 months, we got a great deal from this family owned business in North GA and are speaking with them about another RV for my son. We recommend them highly!

We ordered in June and picked up in September. Full body paint took an extra 3 weeks on the line during peak season. We were worried that manufacturing would be rushed and may cause some unnecessary problems but we've been in the RV full-time for over a month and have not had any issues. Northgate kept the RV for a week after delivery from Keystone just to be sure there were no problems. They installed a hitch while we went through our 3 hour training. They could have sold a more expensive sliding hitch but talked us out of it saying it was an unnecessary expense.

It was really nice to do business with an honest dealer. They have an outstanding reputation and everyone in the RV community in TN knows who they are.

Best success with your new purchase!
Janet H

http://www.northgaterv.com/?gclid=Cj...BoCsWwQAvD_BwE

Quote:

Thanks!
janetsinbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 01:55 PM   #18
drichmond

M.O.C. #21923
Quote:

Thanks!
Hey Mike , Doug Richmond, Call my cell at 304 982 0767
drichmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 02:12 PM   #19
sberlin
Established Member

M.O.C. #22049
PS- some will say or have experienced trying to get service from a dealer you didn’t purchase from is a challenge. We didn’t experience that. Have taken the rig to our nearest dealer, Toscano’s in Los Banos which is 85 miles away. Have had the rig there 3 times over the last 17 months and they’ve been great. They don’t even sell Montana but are an authorized Keystone repair facility. They get us right in and then out. Recently had major repairs done(not warranty) and they called to apologize for not getting it done in 2 weeks. They then finished it the following week.
sberlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 02:31 PM   #20
Joe Hollars
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22879
Quote:

Thanks!

Green Bear, That is exactly what we ordered. Paint and all. Our dealer is Smallwood Camper sales in west Tnennessee. They have treat us wonderfully for the last 2 RV purchases.
Smallwoods Camper - 731-668-3288

Hope this is useful to you,
Joe Hollars
Joe Hollars is offline   Reply With Quote