Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2007, 08:24 AM   #1
MikeandBarb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2332
Thanks Steve Reigle re: our 2880RL

Thanks to Steve Reigle for his advice on fixing our bedroom slide sticking when extracting. I found a scrap of molding stuck between the closet and the bed so it was impeding the slide from working smoothly. Our molding is intact so it had to have been there since it was built! This slide didn't have cables like the other two slides. I lubed the rails while I was down there and the slide is working great now! A big thanks to Steve and this forum for being so helpful once again! Mike

MikeandBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:15 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Well, Mike, that's not what I was thinking when I suggested you pull the plywood and see if you could spot the problem. But I'm glad you found the problem, anyhow.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:08 AM   #3
MikeandBarb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2332
Steve,

After I removed the plywood and didn't see anything visably wrong with the slide, I checked underneath the bed for ANYTHING and there was the piece of molding stuck in the way! It was an easy fix thats for sure! Mike
MikeandBarb is offline   Reply With Quote