Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2009, 06:30 AM   #1
Sinterior
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9238
Home Theater

My Monty came with an AVR6000 home theater system and I don't have the manual, nor can I find one on the internet.
Does anyone know how to connect headphones to this system? I've looked all over it and can't find a headphone jack anywhere.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Peter

Sinterior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:12 AM   #2
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Sorry to say the company is now out of business. The 2010's are coming with Samsung.
Maybe someone with your model can forward the manual for you.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:18 AM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
With or without the manual there is an excellent chance the AVR6000 does NOT have a specific headphone jack. I will email you the pdf but it's a 16MB file and this might not work.

What you could do is locate spare audio outputs jacks on the AVR6000. Then buy an adapter that plugs into the output jacks of the AVR6000 and the other end connects to your headphones.

For example, I have a Quest QR3000. It has spare audio output which uses RCA jacks. I have headphones with use the 1/4" bayonet style jack. I would buy an RCA to 1/4" adapter to plug in the headphones to the QR3000. Your AVR6000 might need something different but there is a good chance there is an adapter to meet your needs.

Please let us know what you come up with.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:02 AM   #4
Sinterior
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9238
Thanks for your answers. There are some empty RCA audio out jacks, so I'll see if I can find a dual RCA bayonet adapter with the headphone jack on the other end and hope it cuts the audio off to the speakers, I'll let you know what happens.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:05 AM   #5
Sinterior
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9238
Art-n-Marg, I didn't get your email, I guess the size is too big, but thanks for trying anyway.

Peter
Old 12-04-2009, 05:37 AM   #6
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Sinterior, yes the email was too big. But I will email you the information for where the document is located but you'll need to register for another RV membership, then login and download the document from their website. I will email that information. Stay tuned.

On edit: Sinterior - I sent the email with the info on how to get the manual. The manual is a single large double sided sheet of paper. Someone had this converted to a pdf. Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to read if then save it. I hope this works for you.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:41 AM   #7
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I'm curious. Who makes the AVR 6000, Hafler, Denon, ?????
Also, sometimes you can search on the FCC ID number, or the serial number that is on the label and come up with some information. Not always, but sometimes.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:45 PM   #8
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Hafler was the manufacturer, but they no longer make this particular model. Apparently it was sold as an OEM to many RV companies as a theater solution. I found the AVR6000 pdf document on the Heartland RV owner's club site. It was scanned by someone, then put into the their web site's "library" of user guides.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:40 PM   #9
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Oh! That one.
hafler_AVR6000.pdf

click on the PDF file when the site opens.

Edited:
It appears that the only output other than speakers at 600 ohms each is the REC out (Record Out). Unfortunately I'm thinking that this is going to be a fixed ouput and may not carry enough volume to power a set of headphones or other speaker. You would have to run it through an amplifier, and one that has the output that you want.

I'm also thinking that the simplest solution is to go buy an inexpensive "home theater" unit at your local Wally-world. Anywhere from $80-Lots of $$, your choice.

Good luck
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:00 AM   #10
Sinterior
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9238
Well, I've tried everything I know and some suggestions from others, and still no success.

Art, I did get your email, and manual, thanks for all your help.

Waynem, you're probably right about getting another system
Old 12-28-2009, 04:06 PM   #11
BoomersRock
Established Member

M.O.C. #9724
We have the AVR6000 surround sound system in our '08 Montana. The DVD player doesn't play color. I have tried all the settings I can think of and swapped around cables but still no color. Think the DVD player is toast?

If so, can I replace just the player? I am not familiar with home theater systems. I see this has an FM radio and connections for all the speakers in the back. Can you just buy the player without the speakers?
BoomersRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:26 PM   #12
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Yes you can.... Write down all the jacks you have on the back that you are currently being used and get a replacement with at least all the same things and you'll be good to go. Others may come on and provide example vendors that have suitable replacements.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:52 AM   #13
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BoomersRock

We have the AVR6000 surround sound system in our '08 Montana. The DVD player doesn't play color. I have tried all the settings I can think of and swapped around cables but still no color. Think the DVD player is toast?
I had that same problem and it had to do with how it was connected to the TV. But that was 2 yrs ago and darn if I can remember exactly what I had to do to correct it. I only remember it took quite a while to get it figured out while reading the manuals for the TV and the AVR6000 and trial and error.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:32 AM   #14
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
We have an 08 340RLQ Big Sky and it came with a LG system. When we got it it didn't work very well, they had the TV input revered and all the speaker wires wrong. It took me about an hour to get it all sorted out but it works fine now. I know this does not help with your present situation but I thought I would mention the fact that they do not always get it right at the factory. if all else fails and you can make it to the fall rally Keystone may have a fix for you. Otherwise if you plan on replacing the system now would be a good time with prices down and both Best Buy and Walmart have the Samsung systems. As long as it has 5 regular speaker leads and a sub woofer lead it should plug right in... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:19 AM   #15
BoomersRock
Established Member

M.O.C. #9724
So they sell these type of receivers/dvd players separate from the whole "home theater system"? I checked CNET.com to see what was out there and it only pulls up the whole system. No reason to buy speakers if they ain't broke.

I downloaded the pdf of the instructions from this site. I can't remember if we had a backup for the system (and very little for the tv either). That may be helpful.
BoomersRock is offline   Reply With Quote