Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2008, 09:56 AM   #1
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Icehouse is not moving to Canada

Well gang, after all the mess we have been going through the past few days, we have some superb news. Many of you know that Bernie had accepted a job in Canada and we have been waiting on the Consulate for our Visa's so we could get on the road. We aren't going. A couple of weeks ago Bernie was contacted by a company here in Seward, AK. He accepted the job of Executive Director this morning and he starts work next Monday!!!
We will be moving to Seward on Wednesday, most likely. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive south down the Kenai Penninsula and it is absolutely the most beautiful place I've ever been.
We have found a campground open year round and the view is spectacular. We are very excited about this new opportunity. But, more importantly, we are excited we are staying in Alaska because this is where our heart is!
When all y'all make that summer trip to Alaska, be sure to drop us a line and we'll show you some good 'ol Southern Hospitality in Alaska! Now we just need to update our weather information (because it is warmer in Seward). Not much, but a little!!!!
Tammy

Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:04 AM   #2
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
It sounds like great news for both of you. Best of luck!
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:36 AM   #3
Joe-n-Doe
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7870
Congratulations.....Its always warmer in the South!
Joe-n-Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:49 AM   #4
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Bernie & Tammy, Congratulations. When opportunity knocks, you have to answer the door. Good luck Bernie.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:50 AM   #5
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Congratulations! Y'all deserve the best. Good luck in your new adventure. I know you'll have fun in whatever you do! We might just stop in one summer day, ya never know!
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:51 AM   #6
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Aw! Come on now. It's probably because Canada doesn't want all that stopped up Cr... er stuff!

Congratulations. Ya'll do well!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 10:52 AM   #7
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Wayne, I was waiting on your clever comment! You are a hoot! We are still flowing free!!!!
Tammy
Old 02-04-2008, 01:14 PM   #8
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
Good things are supposed to happen to good folks. Congrats to ya'll.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:42 PM   #9
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Heyyyyy Black tank flowing, new job, YALL moving south lucky lucky lucky it dont get no better than that!!!!!!. Congrats bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 01:56 PM   #10
Tiffensdad
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7660
Congratulations on the new job and the move to warmer country
Tiffensdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:01 PM   #11
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Congrats you two. I absolutely love Seward, especially around Jul 4th and you know what I mean......Have a safe trip south!!!
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:29 PM   #12
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
What an awesome place to live! It truly is beautiful and one of favorite stops on our trip to Alaska.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 02:58 PM   #13
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
We must have been separated at birth. Our friends think we're crazy because we've made a few drastic, life-changing moves in the last 12 years, so I am delighted to let them know we are not alone (to borrow a phrase from a couple of sci-fi flicks). I love your spirit of adventure, especially after all the stinkin' adventures you've had in the last week or so. (I hate puns, but I couldn't help myself!). Congratulations on the move to Seward and on Bernie's new job. Now, a word of advice: Alaska is like Montana in many ways. If you casually say, "Come see us!" you better be prepared for a crowd. There's something about both places that makes even sedate, firmly-rooted people leap into a car or airplane and take you up on your offer. When we moved here in June of 2002, our kitchen and bathrooms were not finished. Did that stop the flow of company that started a week after we arrived and seemed to continue until the frost was on the pumpkin? No way. Everyone thought they'd died and gone to heaven: Living without running water was FUN! Cooking over an open fire was an ADVENTURE! Lewis & Clark! Rainbow trout! Kayaking! Mountains to climb! Wild animals to run from! Seriously, we loved the company but we were rather taken aback by the people who turned up and said, "Do you remember us? We are third-cousins on your Aunt Pearlie May's daddy's side of the family. We are here to VISIT!"

Now--fair warning. I have driven the Alcan highway, 7 months pregnant, in a VW bus, sleeping on boxes that held pots and pans and clothing, cooking on a Coleman 2-burner stove, etc.--and driven it years before it was paved. Jetting up to see you, dragging our Monty behind us, will be NOTHING compared to that trip from Houston to Anchorage years ago. Watch out!
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:14 PM   #14
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
You come on sister! I even have a potty you can use cause our outhouse is inside!!!!!!!

We did have the sleeper sofa bed REMOVED before we picked up Elly Mae. So any guest o' mine, will need to BTOB (bring their own bed)!!!
Old 02-04-2008, 03:24 PM   #15
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Well, Tammy, as you know, our Porta-Potties are not heated, so it's a real test of one's desperation level when you head out with a flashlight and a brush to remove the snow from the facilities (that would be INSIDE the facilities). Now that your indoor plumbing is working, a drive to Seward is looking better all the time! Instead of wine and cheese, or beer and pretzels, we'll bring you a case of Angel Soft 1-ply tissue.

You guys are so lucky. We'll be waiting to see all the gorgeous photos because I know you'll let us share in your good luck. If we can't be there, at least we could see it!

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 03:43 PM   #16
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Congratulations to you all, I assume there is a boat dock in the deal for the "Hillbilly Ride"???????
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:31 PM   #17
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Yep! Check out the link to the Seward webcam in our signature area. But check it out in daylight hours. You can see the boat harbor!
Tammy
Old 02-05-2008, 01:30 AM   #18
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Congratulation, and we hope you will be very happy.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:47 AM   #19
Leaseit
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5356
Did i hear you say 2009 Rally in Seward at your place.... Maybe i didn't read that right, yea think. Seward, nice little town and really nice city camp sites right on the bay. I ges i better start trainig for the hill climbing event they have.
Randy
Leaseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:05 AM   #20
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
We were just up in Seward and the State of Alaska this last summer! Seward was our favorite place of them all! The whole states is beautiful but Seward was the highlight of our trip. There are some excellent restaurants and cafes up there also to go out and eat on occasion. If you go down the the docks you can get fresh fish from some of the fishermen and watch the sea otters swim around on their backs and break open the clams. NEAT! Congrats and keep us up to date. As you said it is warmer down in Seward and they do have an open port all year long which is nice also!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote