Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2006, 04:00 AM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Questions on Splendide W/D

We have not yet made a decision of all in one or stackable but we have a couple of questions on the splendide.

What is the major difference between the 2000S and the 2100 model.Which one do you have and how do you rate it.

From the measurements it appears to be a fairly shug fit in the W/D closet of the 3400. Are there any problems in reaching or operating the controls on the right side of the unit(looking at it). Your evaluations will aid in our final decision.

Questions on stackables, if any , at a later date, one thing at a time..

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 04:52 AM   #2
Ormee and Ginette
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #262
We have the Splendide 2100, this unit vents and dries to the outside through a vent drilled in the outside wall... The other model not sure of the Model Number dries by fast spinning and venting the moisture from the clothes down the waste pipe to the grey water tank... Some friends of ours had this model in their Prowler and when they changed RVs they went to the 2100 model because it dries faster and better... Both units take small loads I think 15 LBS so it means you do a few more washes at night and not waste your time at a laundremat... They are not cheap and very well manufactured, we have had ours for 2-1/2 years no problem... The disadvantage of these washer/driers is if you want to dry your clothes then you can only do one load at a time... My DW normally washes and hangs the clothes outside to dry, the spin cycle on these machines are around 2000 RPM, so the clothes are only damp when removed from the washer...
Ormee and Ginette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 06:04 AM   #3
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
I think you will find all the techie answers on their website: http://www.splendide.com/

Like Ormee and Ginette, we have the 2100S, which is the larger, outside vented model. They are Euopean front loading design. Very efficient on water and power use.

Donna loves it. You do have to remember to do frequent (daily) small loads. We find it fits very well into our RV lifestyle because we can do loads at our convenience, frequently first thing in the morning. We do hang to dry when weather permits.

It is quite low, and front loading, so that leaves most of the W/D closet available for use. I can't speak to how it would fit in a new 3400, but it fits neatly into our 3670.

Our dealer was thoughtful enough to install the vent above the graphics on the side of our trailer. I have seen some where the vent is stuck in the middle of a graphic. Just something to watch out for.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 06:10 AM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Rich,
We love ours - yes it was a tight fit. We had to remove the door. We have the smaller of the two and just can't do as much each time. Has never been a problem with just the 2 of us. We purchased and have yet installed a flat vent pipe so that the unit can push back a little more which will make it easier to reach the control. We have the bifold louvered door and I know some people have changed them to two doors hinged at each side. That would make the control totally visible as it is only the second door that partially blocks the control. We still have a lot of storage left in that cupboard by using the combo. Plus the two shelves that were there and the clothes rod which we can still use to hang clothes coming out of the dryer, we have a basket sitting on top of the combo unit which is used for dirty clothes or for supplies when we are loading and can't open slides.
Hsppy trails
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 07:17 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have all the tech spec's on the splendide. We were told by a tech who installs these things at a RV dealership about the difficulty of getting to the controls. We were taken aback by that because we had never seen it mentioned on the forum. Sue I assume you are saying you had to remove the door to get it in.My measurement indicate that. We would like the combo because we use the closet as a pantry and would hate to give that up. Guess we will have to wait till we can see one in a 3400...
Old 07-21-2006, 10:31 AM   #6
tmarshall
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6027
I own the 2100 model in my 2004 3670RL. I have no problem reaching the controls at all. In fact it is an absolute perfect fit. The 2100 has a 1.92CF capacity while the 2000 has a 1.60CF capacity. that is 20% larger and for drying the extra capacity really makes a difference. Having an all-in-one unit requires a bit of a lifestyle change. As long as you do about one load a night you will never get behind and if you do get behind it will take a while to catch up, but you can always catch up. I chose the one piece unit because I wanted to use the room above the machine to hang my shirts and jeans up. I went to Home Depot and bought a clothes hanging bar, cut it to size and it works great. You can also put a shelving system in to hold the laundry detergent and other things. One downfall the the montana washer/dryer closet is that the door is not louvered. I can shut the closet door when the machine is washing, but when I am drying a load I keep it open to prevent any heat build up. Go get one! after a little adjustment you will love it and know you made the right decision.
tmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:01 AM   #7
Bill DeMeulle
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2740
We have the 2000 model in a Montana 3280RL fits very well in the closet and is vented to the outside (an option)Carol would prefer the stackable so she could dry seperately while washing clothes. But it's too late now !
Bill DeMeulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:23 AM   #8
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
You might include in your evaluation the extra weight/space used of the seperate dryer. We have the 2100s vented combo model and Mary likes it. No issues with 1 load at a time. No problem with the controls [ours is in the bedroom]. It fit in rather snuggly but that was the dealers problem. The 2100 is an inch or so deeper, front to back, than the 2000 I think. The ventless models supposedly take longer to dry.

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 06:57 AM   #9
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Rich yes doors off during installation. If you don't have the bifold door then the controls would be more accessible. They still are but a bit of a tight fit with your hand. However I have done hundreds of loads now with no problem.
Happy trails......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 07:31 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Thanks everyone for the come backs as with everything it will be a trade off.Having a 3400 we are restricted to how much of the camper you can get into when on the road (another trade off) and we use the closet space to put things we will need while traveling and we have it set up as a pantry and that is very handy..However we will buy what meets our all over needs best..we have a few months before we "winter" and we know for sure that we need the W/D..now we are looking for a place to put a small freezer while we winter. I am researching stackable W/D today... Thanks again. .
Old 07-22-2006, 07:50 AM   #11
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Rich,

Get the 2100S model, you won't be sorry. All of the above is correct regarding time & money saved.

On the subject of a Freezer, It has been discussed several times in the fairly recent past on the forum. We were lucky enough to buy a NorCold from friends of ours, so the cost was low. The only place we found that we could keep it was in the basement compartment below. Mel manufactured a "pull-out" shelf for it, and it works just great. We keep the majority of our frozen food in the chest and then can keep more frequently used foods in the inside freezer, you know, like, "Ice, frozen treats, etc." The Chest Freezer itself only takes up about a 2'X 18" space, so it's workable for us.

Some people have used there w/d closet, but for us, that would be way too warm. Good Luck.

Joy
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 10:41 AM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Joy..We have the slide out tray in the basement and I think that is where we will put the freezer.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:18 AM   #13
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Maybe as part of the Show and Tell at the rally, some people would be willing to show their various set-ups.

For the record, I don't think it would have been necessary to remove the door or trim to get the 2100S into our 05 3670RL W/D closet, but that probably means nothing in the context of any other model or year.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 11:33 AM   #14
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Rich we use a 2100s as well. The controls are tight but very workable, really no issues. Only thing my wife has to make sure is not load to much. If you load it full clothes come out wrinkled to death. Lower the amount of drying and much better. She uses it several times each evening keeping up with the kids clothes.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 12:04 PM   #15
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Rich,
Make sure you measure for clearance before you get a freezer. We looked at Sue & Ed's Slide out (and loved it!), but our freezer would never have fit in it because the platform for the slide was too high.

Joy
Old 07-22-2006, 12:09 PM   #16
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Rich,
Make sure you measure for clearance before you get a freezer. We looked at Sue & Ed's Slide out (and loved it!), but our freezer would never have fit in it because the platform for the slide was too high.

Joy
Old 07-22-2006, 02:15 PM   #17
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
yes there is a black pipe 19 1/2 inches off the floor of the tray.Not enough room but one will still fit in the basement.We have a list of things we would like to see at the fall rally. We will be making pest of ourselves.