Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-04-2005, 11:09 AM   #1
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
Compassion

I went into town just now and on the way back, I was sitting in the turn lane to get on the freeway. I was about 12 back from the light. I could see this guy with a fire hat on, darting back and forth in between the cars stopping and saying something to the people. I watched for a moment, not sure what the heck he was doing. It was a 4 way stop light. I looked at all the other directions and they all had a fireman there also. Then I saw that they all had the large issued rubber boots in their hands. They were going to each and every car, didn't need to say a word except thank you as they went. They were collecting for the Katrina victims. As the guy in our section got closer to me the light turned green and the traffic started to move. All except the cars that he hadn't reached yet. We all just sat there. He tryed to get us to move but we were all waiting for him to reach our cars so that we could give our donation. Once we did the traffic started to flow as normal. It just made my day, and I am sure that it made alot of others day also.

Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 10:20 AM   #2
dannyl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4190
The victims are being moved to all parts of the states. We got 100 on Saturday here in Gainesville, Texas. There is a Baptist camp ground about 50 miles north of us and they are receiving between 3000 to 5000 victims. It will take many months before most can go home but then what home will they have.
Prayers to all. I know campers have the biggest hearts and will go above what is expected or requested.
dannyl is offline   Reply With Quote