Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Brrr it's cold outside! Winter Camping
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2011, 07:53 AM   #1
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
First some additional information should help. Do you have a downward slope to your hose? Using guttering or slinky would help. Otherwise, just letting the hose lay on the ground and below the CG sewer hole will cause any liquid to remain in the hose and freeze.

If you do have a continuous downward slope, most of the liquid should have drained out and not remained in the hose to create a frozen clog. I have heard that if it's cold enough and the tank contents freeze, this could cause a problem.

The worse case is if the valve freezes and you can't open it. I've heard some folks put hot water down the tanks to try and unfreeze things. But you better confirm with others because you don't want anything cracking from the temp differences especially since I am not a cold weather expert. I'm just posting what I've read from others.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote