Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
ltoews
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10846
JT Strongarm Jack Stabilizers

I am in the process of installing the JT Strongarm Jack Stabilizers. The front stabilizers are installed and I am working on the rears and this is where I have a question. I ordered the Stabilizer Foot Pad Adaptors (basically extension brackets to allow clearance of the stabilizer tube and the diagonal brace on the telescoping jacks) and those are installed without any issues. According to the JT Strongarm Installation Instructions, when fastening the spacer mount with the telescoping jacks in the up position, the outer tube and inner tube should be pulled apart by 1” to allow for clearance. When I do this, the “T” bolt on top of the outer tube hits the diagonal brace on the telescoping jack. I can slide the tubes all the way together and then the “T” bolt barely clears the diagonal brace. Has anyone else come across this and if so, what did you do? Thank you.
Larry

ltoews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #2
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ltoews

I am in the process of installing the JT Strongarm Jack Stabilizers. The front stabilizers are installed and I am working on the rears and this is where I have a question. I ordered the Stabilizer Foot Pad Adaptors (basically extension brackets to allow clearance of the stabilizer tube and the diagonal brace on the telescoping jacks) and those are installed without any issues. According to the JT Strongarm Installation Instructions, when fastening the spacer mount with the telescoping jacks in the up position, the outer tube and inner tube should be pulled apart by 1” to allow for clearance. When I do this, the “T” bolt on top of the outer tube hits the diagonal brace on the telescoping jack. I can slide the tubes all the way together and then the “T” bolt barely clears the diagonal brace. Has anyone else come across this and if so, what did you do? Thank you.
Larry
Larry,
Mine wasn't like yours, but you might just turn the tube over so the T-bolt is on the bottom instead of the top. You might then have the necessary clearance.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #3
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Also, by turning the "T" down, you will not have as much water infiltrate the tube. We had the JT's before we went with Level Up.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #4
ltoews
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10846
Thank you for your replies. This is a simple solution. Having the "T" bolt pointing down will make it more accessible when tightening or loosening.
I'm still puzzled why the "T" bolts were hitting the brace when I installed the JT's per the Installation Instructions.

ltoews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:43 AM   #5
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
The person that knows how the installation should really go, writes the instructions, then the grammar dept. gets ahold of it and everything changes. :-)
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote