Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2004, 05:58 AM   #1
Montana_593
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #593
Florida Roll Call

Please check in and let us know how ya'll are doing.

Montana_593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 08:11 AM   #2
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
We are good on the se coast, am a bit worried about fla native. I know she was in a direct line. Hope everyone else is ok also. Say some prayers.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 08:31 AM   #3
Montana_593
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #593
Glad to hear it! It looks pretty rough on the news. Have been praying for ya'll and will continue.
Montana_593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 11:51 AM   #4
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
The computer track said the eye was going real close here, within a few miles but it made the right turn and completly missed us. But it went to Orlando and hit my son's house in Deltona. A few trees down but that is all. Still checking. He is without power so he is on his way over here as I type to celebrate his aniversery here. He will be taking my chain saw back to take care of trees. I was real thankful when the storm left Florida especially after I found out he was ok.

Jurys still out on FLA NATIVE. Hope she checks in soon. BJ, where are you???
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 11:57 AM   #5
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Good to hear from you Tom & Betty (lightningjack11). We all have been waiting and watching the MOC here for word from each of you. We'll still be keeping our fingers crossed for everyone else and hope that they'll be able to check in soon.
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 12:03 PM   #6
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
BJ, We are all praying that you and Miss Montana are ok.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 01:02 PM   #7
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
any one hear from Cooley????

We have been praying very hard all day for all the Florida members
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 01:59 PM   #8
Montana_1594

M.O.C. #1594
The permanent house had no apparent damage - have not seen the 5er yet. We had palm fronds down, lost some fruit off the citrus trees and a few coconuts. But we faired pretty well, unlike those to the East and North of us.
Montana_1594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 04:34 PM   #9
GordonR
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1801
Send a message via AIM to GordonR
Lots of prayers going out for our Florida members - and others as well. I'm sure we'll hear from them eventually. Probably will be power out for a few days. Waiting is tough though.
GordonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 04:43 PM   #10
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Rob is building in Lady lake and it was not in the path of the storm. He has had a lot going on including a wedding up north and a lightning strike at Lady Lake.

He will probably be checking in soon.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 06:55 PM   #11
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Tom & Betty, Jim & Carol, Good to hear that you are safe. Living in South FL for 17 years and seeing the destruction after Andrew gave us a new respect for hurricane warnings. Am anxiously awaiting posts from our other members in the paths of the storm.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 10:29 PM   #12
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Glad to hear most of you are safe and sound. My wife Lucie has lived around the Miami area for over 20 years and understands what it's like living through a storm. Good luck to all. happyrving.....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 03:38 PM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Glad to hear about those of you who escaped the wrath and/or are ok. But there's a lot of others we haven't heard from yet. That's a bit worrisome.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 02:50 AM   #14
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Just wanted to let everyone know that although we list Florida as our home state we were in New York when the storm hit. Had we stayed at our winter cg near Orlando we may not have been so lucky.

Hopefully the rest of the Floridians that we have not heard from are OK.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 05:10 AM   #15
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
I cannot believe I missed this thread the other day when I got back online but I did. Most of you already know my situation from my "Running and Hiding from Charley" post. But I did want to let you know I spoke with Rob Cooley this morning and he is fine. Like Tom said it missed him entirely. He said he's parents in Orange City got "blasted pretty good", but they are OK and had power restored within ten hours. Rob's been busy in Orlando helping out there and said he will be back on the forum this weekend.

It's really a mess around here. My power, water, and cell phone are all working and I'm one of the lucky ones. My father has gasoline now and can get around and things are looking up in Sebring. Yesterday when I left there, a large grocery store was up to full speed in Lake Placid where you could buy everything again, not just non perishables.

Now that my father's all set, I will be looking around today to see where I can help. I'm not expecting any call backs from my resume this week so I might as well be of some good somewhere.
Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 07:08 AM   #16
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
I'm glad you are ok. How wonderful of you help out where you can.

Good luck with the job hunt, Mike is still looking, nothing in the works for him yet.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by fla native

I cannot believe I missed this thread the other day when I got back online but I did. Most of you already know my situation from my "Running and Hiding from Charley" post. But I did want to let you know I spoke with Rob Cooley this morning and he is fine. Like Tom said it missed him entirely. He said he's parents in Orange City got "blasted pretty good", but they are OK and had power restored within ten hours. Rob's been busy in Orlando helping out there and said he will be back on the forum this weekend.

It's really a mess around here. My power, water, and cell phone are all working and I'm one of the lucky ones. My father has gasoline now and can get around and things are looking up in Sebring. Yesterday when I left there, a large grocery store was up to full speed in Lake Placid where you could buy everything again, not just non perishables.

Now that my father's all set, I will be looking around today to see where I can help. I'm not expecting any call backs from my resume this week so I might as well be of some good somewhere.
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote