Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
moutard2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10948
YUMA RV Parks ... h e l p!

It's time for us to plan our annual trek to milder winter climes and this year we're thinking Yuma. I see that there are numerous RV parks available and I'm hoping one might come highly recommended from our massive and experienced MOC knowledge base. I'd really appreciate your candid comments and guidance toward a great park in which to spend the winter. $$$ is a factor of course but not the highest item on our wish list. Thanks in advance for your input!

moutard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:12 PM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Moutard2,
There are hundreds of RV parks in and around the Yuma area. We have never stayed in any of them. There are also many folks who own rental lots. These usually consist of two or three RV hookup sites. If you need or want organized programs of some sort then you will need to find one of the large parks that fits your needs. There are several MOC members that winter in the Yuma area and I'm sure they will step up and share their experiences.

If we were to winter over in Yuma we'd probably find one of the rental lots. We don't really need an organized program of any sort. There are so many choices that I'm sure you'll be able to find one that fits your needs. Good luck and enjoy. Also don't forget to put the Q gathering on your list. Yuma is only about a hundred miles south of Q so it is an easy trip. Good luck and let us know how things work out for you. Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
The Palms is a very nice park in Yuma. There are some MOC'ers who winter there. Hopefully they will be along to say more.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:46 PM   #4
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
Here is a good tool to use

RV Park Reviews
The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:05 PM   #5
Gorgeguy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11255
We stayed with some friends in The Foothills on their lot, they had two full hookups. There were a lot of lots for rent. Most were $350 per month. Most had two hooks ups so if you went with a friend it would be half per rig. I imagine you could just go there and look at the lots and call the listed number to get set up. It may mean dry camping a day or two but I am sure it is cheaper than some of the RV parks.
Gorgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 03:55 AM   #6
Les and Julie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1057
We stayed at the Palms RV park last year and have booked again for this year -- large sites, very clean parks with lots of activities. Two pools, two hot tubs and entertainment (singers, etc.) on the weekends. Prior to that we stayed several years at Cocopah Golf and RV Park -- they have an 18 hole golf course and also many organized activities and entertainment. Contact us if you would like further info -- and please give us a call when you settle in yuma -- would love to meet up with you. Les and Julie
Les and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:07 AM   #7
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Believe we stayed at Del Pueblo RV Park, Yuma AZ 2 years ago. A very nice park.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote