Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2010, 05:36 PM   #1
Cal
Established Member

M.O.C. #10221
Table Rotation

Has anyone attempted to alter the table so one can get into the refrig area when the slides are in? We have a 2005 and would like to be able to turn the table to get by. I understand the new models have such an improvement, can the current table be altered?

Cal

Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:51 PM   #2
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
A fellow MOC member (markwick) did the following: You will need to scroll down in the thread to find his photos. Table Swivel
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:35 AM   #3
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
I just unscrewed the table from the floor and turn it when we travel, have had no problem with the table moving around while traveling. When we get to a stopping place just turn the table back to original place.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:17 PM   #4
Stichwerks
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8548
I also unscrewed it to turn it when traveling and have had no problem with it moving. Don't know how I survived when it was screwed to the floor.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:20 PM   #5
jackandh2o
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8010
We bought our '05 Mountaineer used and the previous owner had unhooked it. I took out two of the chairs. We turn it length wise to travel with chairs fore and aft and bungeed to the table. Have traveled about 9,000 miles and have never had the table move.
jackandh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:30 AM   #6
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Thanks to all the great information here, I just completed adding a swivel to my table. I did it a little differently, so thought I would post it also in case anyone was interested.
The table in my '07 3075RL has a square post instead of the octagonal post in the other pictorial. I used 1"x2" oak boards cut to length to make a small platform to attach the swivel. It made for a convenient way to attach a latch to lock the table in place.
After making the platform and drilling pilot holes for the lag screws, I had to attach the swivel to the table first, then attach the pedastal/plaform to the swivel. Then I attached the slide latch mechanism.
Like some others said, the table and screws went right back in place by setting it back in the imprint in the carpet.
The swivel is a very stout boat seat swivel I bought at Academy Sports. But I later saw what appeared to be the same swivel at Walmart. It is made very tight against the bearings, so tight I could barely turn it by hand before installation, so there is almost no play in it. Table is very solid.
Swivel slide show
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:26 PM   #7
Cal
Established Member

M.O.C. #10221
Thanks to all the suggestions. We solved our table problem by doing as so many of you had suggested just simply unscrewed it from the floor and turned it! Easy fix.
What we found was it is so convient, we have not reattached to the floor. We enjoy traveling and camping with friends, and we end the day playing games usually six of us. We simply move the table to the couch and put the four chairs arround the table, easiy seats six!
Thanks again for the easy fix suggestion.
Have all winterized and bedded down for the winter in Wyomimg!
By-the-way, the table has not moved when travelling even on mountain roads with switch backs!
Cal
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote