Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2008, 06:57 PM   #21
Ed Benson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1027
The first thing I did when we purchased our new Mountaineer in '04 was to remove the standard Thetford throne and install a larger Thetfort Bravura series. When doing so - I turned the mounting base roughly 30 degrees to give it a nice angle. I too am 6' plus and "big boned" with size 14 understanding. This made a great and comfortable potty area. The Mountaineer bathroom is of the split style with the neo angle shower. We find the hard door between the living area and bathroom ample privacy. We also have the slider hard doors to isolate the bedroom if necessary. I'm just affraid I have never seen a seperate "water closet" style bathroom that I could unfold my feet and get comfortable.

Ed Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:41 AM   #22
Kandharry
Established Member

M.O.C. #8304
Somebody on this web site, I don't remember who or even which forum, has moved the toilet back
3 1/2" and had detailed information on how to do it. (I think he had pictures too)
It didn't look that complicated and only required plumbing changes at the angle coming out of the bottom of the toilet and some oak moulding to trim up the floor.
If you're not handy your dealer could do it.
Kandharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:45 AM   #23
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
John (HemlockUSA) did this. Here is the link:

Moved the Toilet
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:06 PM   #24
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Wayne, when we get down there this fall, you buy the dinner and we will move your throne. Jim
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:48 PM   #25
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Down where, Jim? I need mine moved too.

You're probably going to Texas?
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:18 AM   #26
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
We have SOB and it has the enclosed bathroom. We will not have another one. We have found that there is just to much wasted space. The Cambridge was awesome no wasted space. We will be looking for a floorplan as close to the Cambridge as we can find. We are still looking at the Big Sky without the enclosed bathroom. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:26 AM   #27
c214dick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8160
I just read what Rich said about the metal band allowing the toilet to be turned for a more convenient angle and it works. We have a Sealand on a riser. If you take off the front cover, which is held in place by velcroe, and look you will see the metal band. Just a few turns to loosen with a regular screw driver and the top of the toilet will rotate to wherever you want. Tighten it up and put the cover back on.

Now sit back and wait for your spouse to use it and see what's said. I'll let you know in two weeks when we go out again. I'll bet it will be "PUT IT BACK".
c214dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:52 AM   #28
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Jim,
I'm going to have to buy you 3 or 4 dinners. Washer dryer door, drawer under refrigerator, move the kings throne, just to name a few.

I should just swap trailers with you and say, fix it the same way!

Do you eat cheap?????
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote