Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2007, 01:27 PM   #1
montanaman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5414
Items in 3475RL, 2006

Sofa - shabby material. 1/2 time oven - never worked. Carpet - need better quality. Diagram needed for units. Sealand toilets - Seal problems. Get rid of non-wood privacy curtain and use a wood door. Handrail would be nice at steps from bedroom to living area. Install awnings that match unit. Not on early model 3475RL 2006. Maybe they did on later models. The awning looks like they used leftovers from 2005. Fantastic Vent - sticks most of the time. Maybe a bit more of quality control would be nice. The material in Living area is totally opposite of what is in the bedroom. The living area is what they call spruce, the bedroom has material in spread and curtains that looks nothing like the material in living room. The bedroom looks like it belongs in another unit. A nice wood cover over the panel box in bathroom would be nice, but this is probably a luxury item. How about the DVD Quest Stereo System or whatever they call it. Does not work very well and not user friendly. These items are some, and other than this, the unit looks nice on the outside.

montanaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 04:03 PM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Holy cow..what a list...Call Lynn at Apollo 1-574-472-4283.She will take care of the Apollo problem..A Diagram is need for all units of all brands. Fantastic fan will send you out a new improved seal..call them. Better quality control is needed throughout the RV industry. I could not get the d*** quest system to work properly but Helen read the book..followed instructions..and it works Ok.. It is not however the 2K sound system in our stick house. I would take pictures of the two different materials in the unit and send them to Team Montana and ask them.."what's up with this" Same with the different awning. Don't know about the shabby material on the sofa..ours is only 9 months old and so far is holding up..It is not however the 1200$ sofa we have in our stick house. Better quality carpet , hand rail, cover over fuse panel''agree.. I would pay the extra dollars but there are those that would not. We have the door..would rather have the curtain..go figure...

Hope Keystone sees you post..many good observations..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 12:16 AM   #3
Bob and Sheri
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #347
We had the wood doors between the bedroom and bath area and replaced them with a curtain!
Bob and Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 02:52 AM   #4
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Montanaman ... My goodness, you certainly have a list of complaints. However, I've read your post three times now and except for the handrail and the wood thing over the panel box, it sounds to me like all of these issues could be taken care of with a phone call to your dealer. If that doesn't work, a nice and friendly discussion with Keystone Customer Service would be in order.

As far as your comments on the "material" used in the living room and bedroom, I think it's supposed to be different ... the bedroom decor is supposed to coordinate with the living room, not match it. For example, in our 3400 the bedroom colors are different from the living room but the green used for the bedspread and curtains can be found in the living room valances.

I hope you can get these issues resolved and completely enjoy your Montana.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 04:22 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
In our 2003 3295RK we had the wood doors between bedroom and bathroom and loved it. In this 2007 3400RL we have neither the doors nor a curtain. We'd prefer the doors (for the sound deadening as well as privacy) but would even take the curtain.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:15 AM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I agree with Vicki that the decor between the living room and bedroom is suppose to be different. Plus many people have changed the bedroom spread and curtains. My stick house has different fabric in the LR and BR. The fabric on our sofa has held up very well in over 2 years of use as has the carpet. I guess there are different fabrics due to the different color schemes. We installed a handrail at the steps. I believe this is a personal thing as not everyone would want or need one. We have the folding curtain and have never used it. I also agree with Vicki about your other items, there is a need to visit your dealer or contact Keystone. We have had 3 fifth wheels and in every one there were things I would have done different if designing. However, the Montana is so far superior to our other units, I can't begin to compare. Please let us know if you are able to get your oven and awning fixed.
Happy trails.......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:00 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Boy..What do guys know..I just looked and the "decor" is different between the bedroom and living area..I never even noticed."decor is Helen's territory..I can tell you that all 4 tires and wheels match.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:50 AM   #8
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Look on the bright side Rich. At least your spare tire matches those on your wagon. I have the Aluminum wheels and my spare is a steel wheel rim. So if I have to put the spare on I have 3 alum and 1 steel now won't that look nice going down the road.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:59 AM   #9
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
We got the blue awning with our 2006 2980RL also. When we were at the factory during the rally, we asked for a brown one. Told them that it is bad advertising for Montana to have the off color one and they agreed. Relaced at our dealer and Keystone paid for it.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:40 PM   #10
texdeano
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4480
Send a message via Yahoo to texdeano
I also have had trouble with the 1/2 time oven and think keystone should look for something better,but a lot of the things listed make me wonder why you ever bought it to start with.
texdeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:59 PM   #11
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by indy roadrunner

Look on the bright side Rich. At least your spare tire matches those on your wagon. I have the Aluminum wheels and my spare is a steel wheel rim. So if I have to put the spare on I have 3 alum and 1 steel now won't that look nice going down the road.
I've got the same thing. But you know what? They all roll well no matter which ones are on the axles.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 05:16 AM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Montanaman..hope you do not think we are making light of your concerns. We all have concerns, things we don't like and like our "isolated incident" serious problems. Look at OZZ..he is rebuilding his 3400 to his liking.. ah that we could all do that. yes quality is a RV industry problem and we would all like to see it beter..The good news is that Keystone and its vendors have a record, at least within the MOC, of standing behind the product should it fail. Example being the notorious Apollo 1/2 time oven. The folks at midwest supply are great. Always remember that these are Recreational vehicles(RV's) and not designed to be used like many of us long tmers and full timers use them. The folks that we sold our 10 year old Terry TT to thought that we had replaced the carpeting..it was the original.We used the TT maybe 40 days a year averaged over the 10 years that we had it.We lived in the 3400 @ 60 days between May and Dec 06 and have been living in it since December 12th till today and will not be out of in till Early April.We will be living in this 3400 about 6 maybe 7 months out of the year. In @ 2 years we will have used this camper more than we did the Terry in 10 years. It makes a differnce in wear and tear.. Many of your problems can be addressed by knowing what number to call or what person to speak to..this forum has the information.