Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 12-30-2006, 03:13 AM   #1
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
SMALL Neo-Angle Shower

Keystone,
My reference is based on our 02 3295 Big Sky with the Garden Tub. We bought the Neo-Angle Shower in our 07 3295 because it had a lower step and for us "older" folks it is easier to access.
My problem is the internal space of this shower is definitely smaller. I knock my elbow on the door or wall every time I use the shower. My wife is weak from cancer treatment and currently can only site on a stool when taking a shower. The stool does sit in this shower but the internal area is so small she can not turn around on it.
Please consider your customers, their age and abilities.
Please make the future shower 20% larger at a minimum.
Thanks for listening.
Members buying a new unit. Please take an imaginary shower, step into it and make sure it will fit.
Happy New Year.
Cheers,
John

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 03:42 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
John,

Hope you can come up with a plan that works in that smaller shower. It was one of the first things Al and I observed when we went in a unit at the Fall Rally 2006. We both commented that they had reduced the size considerably, our guess is that so they can give you the big king bed. We all know that if you get somewhere in one of these units, you are gonna give up something else. Each to his own, but of course, but I'll take a bit larger shower any day over a larger bedroom. I dislike hitting elbows and feeling that cramped in the shower. I am sure, it would not bother others. Trade offs, ain't RVing grand???
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 04:30 AM   #3
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Thanks for the info John. Good advice. I always thought RV mfgr's short changed customers on bathing facilities. I am still waiting for an RV that comes out with full bath/shower options. It is the only way I will upgrade. Everything else is like home, why not the bathroom?
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 05:04 AM   #4
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
One thing we both do when looking at RVs is to sit on the toilet and go into the shower. We had one dealer who asked us not to go into the shower. We left!

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 08:08 AM   #5
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
You are Right John,

We had a Garden Tub in our 2005 Wilderness, was much nicer to use then the Neo-Angle Shower in this Monty.
It's still OK, but the Garden tub is much better.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 08:53 AM   #6
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
This seems to be the second 'not so good' result of adding the King sized bed. The first, very important to us and to many others, was the loss of the true doors separating the bedroom from the bath area (sliding wooden doors replaced by a flimsy plastic curtain). Now the reduction in size of the shower. I was not aware of this until this post but will certainly be on the look out before any trade or purchase. The reason we have a 5 year old model is the loss of those doors. The king bed is not important to us, though I realize it may be for some. Here is where options ought to be offered. Let us make our own priorities--but such is not the case.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 08:58 AM   #7
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
It is our belief, without benefit of a measuring stick, that the bathroom sink counter top has also been reduced in size. We feel ours is just tolerable, and the new one would be intolerable. Again, personal choice.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 03:34 PM   #8
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Carol in the 3585SA the bathroom counter is a bit larger than in the 2005 2955RL. The showers as best I can tell are the same size too. It would be nice if they would think of customers first!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote