Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
hickory
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13170
Info on accesories, please

Going shoppimg and wanting input on ( 1.) Which water pressure regulator would you recommend,preset or adjustable and what max. pressure. (2) What length sewer hose. (3)What length water hose.(Also 5/8 or 1/2 inch diameter)?Thanks

hickory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
This is not a recommendation one way or the other but rather letting you know what we have:
1) Adjustable pressure regulator that we usually keep at 50-60 psi.
2) I carry about 50 foot of sewer hose but typically use a 15 foot Rhino section at most sites. The Rhino hose is a hard-type hose that expands or contracts to adjustable lengths and forms whatever shape is needed.
3) I have about 50 foot of white drinking water hose that is in two sections, one section is 5/8" and one section is 1/2", I typically use the 5/8" and if I need the extra length I attach the other to it. I also carry a 50 foot length of gray hose that I only use for the tank flush when needed. I have not used this in awhile since I took a forum hint and use the blue coiled hose in the convenience center to feed the black water flush.
In addition, I also have a sewer hose accordian type support to keep the hose in some semblance of presentable order.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:02 PM   #3
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
We've been fulltiming for 6 years. Here is what we use:

20' 5/8" drinking hose, 10' 1/2" drinking hose, 50' 5/8" drinking hose, all with brass quick disconnects.
3 10' sections of Sewer Solution hose. This is our primary way to empty our tanks.
10' of stinky slinky so we can dump when at dump stations, such as at National Parks.
65 pound pressure regulator & use only in parks that warn us of high water pressure. If they don't warn, I look at about 10 sites and make a determination.
Oxygenics shower head for shower to get that "at home" feel.

As Bingo stated, this is just what we do...your mileage may vary!
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #4
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
I use a fixed water pressure regulator, easiest to use. I carry 20 ft. of sewer hose and it is usually long enough for anything we need. As far as drinking water hose, I carry 1-50' x 5/8", 1-25' x 5/8", 1-10' x 1/2" & 1-4' x 1/2" ft. section. Also have 25' x 1/2" of gray hose for the black tank flush.

Hope this helps.
Scott
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I have a fixed water pressure regulator set at 40 psi. When it finally stops working I'll get an adjustable and go for 50-55 psi. Funny, ever since I said that when the second regulator broke this one is still going strong.

All hoses (fresh and separate sewer) are all less than 25' and one 15' of the 5/8" variety. I try to keep the need for coiling to a minimum. For 4" sewer hoses, I have a 10' and a 15' (by cutting a 25' into sections) and three 25 footers. I also have standoffs and guttering for the sewer hoses to keep the angle straight and gradually downward.

Things might change slightly when I finally purchase a Sewer Solution or similar macerator style system for the tank drain outlet.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #6
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
[quote]Originally posted by snfexpress

We've been fulltiming for 6 years. Here is what we use:

20' 5/8" drinking hose, 10' 1/2" drinking hose, 50' 5/8" drinking hose, all with brass quick disconnects.
3 10' sections of Sewer Solution hose. This is our primary way to empty our tanks.
10' of stinky slinky so we can dump when at dump stations, such as at National Parks.
65 pound pressure regulator & use only in parks that warn us of high water pressure. If they don't warn, I look at about 10 sites and make a determination.
Oxygenics shower head for shower to get that "at home" feel.

Same as above except all of our hose is 5/8" and we also have two 3' sections and one 1' section all with quick disconnects. We use the short sections to go between our water filters and the softener and then on to the rig. We also use a set pressure regulator for short stopovers since our adjustable has an oil filled gage on it and so when we travel it's packed in a box in the upright position. We use a pair of standard filters one charcoal and the other 10 micron and the softener is an "On the Go".
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:09 AM   #7
kylec2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10688
We use an adjustable Watts brass water pressure regulator set for 55 pounds. We went with the Watts because it has one of the highest flow rates (more water at the set pressure) available. The Watts regulators are great, but tend to run about $65; we feel you get what you pay for here.

For water, we carry two twenty-five foot 5/8 inch diameter fresh water hoses and one twenty-five foot grey water hose to flush the black tank. We carry two Rhino four inch black tank hoses (15' & 5'). We also carry a twenty-five foot 50-amp electrical extension cord.

We use all of these on a regular basis, except for the electrical extension cord. The cord we use about once a year and when we do it is a difference between staying or going somewhere else. These run about $175 so I would put it at the bottom of the list.
kylec2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:41 AM   #8
woodtic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12753
We use the preset high flow water regulator. Screw on water filter. 90 degree adapter for the fresh water connection. We carry a 20 ft handy hose (flat roll up) as a backup. A 25 ft x 5/8 fresh water hose, and a 75 ft x5/8 hose for washing the camper or other needs. A 15 ft Rhino works most of the time, and an extra 10 ft section is needed occasionally. We also carry a 10 ft cheap dump hose just in case. A package of dispose able gloves and hand Sanitizer are also good accessories. I also carry a few spare hose washers.
woodtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #9
Ol Tanker

M.O.C. #13242
We have a WATTS home style water regulator that is adjustable. I check it every once in a while with a pressure gauge I got from the same hardware store. You may have to buy some additional plumbing fittings to set it for water hose use. The rig has a house filter and we use the carbon infused filters we find at hardware stores and sometimes at wallyworld. They are the universal filters that go in a spin on container. I use a plastic "milk crate" style box to hold the coiled drinking water hoses. I also have a 50' and a 30' plain hose to use for washing and black tank flush. The white hoses are for potable water use only.

For hoses we have several. I have a couple 20' and a couple 10' hoses. The hoses last a while but the fittings fail regularly. I go to the hardware store and gt hose ends to replace them.

I use the regular wally world sewer hoses. I have at least one long and a short one. I will often buy a new long one then cut it down to about 12' to 14'. That will just fit in the side mounted holder. I also have a large tupperware container in the basement that holds additional screw on fittings, the extra hose(s) and a clear elbow for the connection. I tried buying the high priced stuff but it didn't last any longer than the cheap wally world stuff. The screw on fittings were a great investment rather than try to force a slip on fitting and a hose clamp.
Ol Tanker is offline   Reply With Quote