Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Internet & Cell Phones
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2007, 11:46 AM   #21
Alex Sian
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7171
Send a message via AIM to Alex Sian
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

EVDO Alex////What does this mean??
no clue, rich. i don't see anything like it on 'myaccount' page on vzw site. is that from a printed bill? or something online? is it for your kpc650? or possibly a phone on same account?

the basis of my opinion is clearly what everyone can read from terms and conditions page:
http://b2b.vzw.com/broadband/bba_terms.html

Alex Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:51 PM   #22
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
I am having problems setting up the encryption for my router. I can't log into the website/page 192.168.0.1 . It won't connect etc. When I initially set it up, in the confusion I went with the default of no encryption. Now I want to go back and make it more secure. Any tips on what I can do? I also find the different terminology in the choices (as seen in the manual) very confusing. I want to make the right choice when I can get in there to do it!! Also, should we be changing the time zone as we are moving around this country?
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:26 PM   #23
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Quote:
quote:Imp Posted - Jul 10 2007 : 6:51:14 PM
I am having problems setting up the encryption for my router. I can't log into the website/page 192.168.0.1 . It won't connect etc...
Try 192.168.1.1 - that's how I get into my router.

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:25 PM   #24
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
I have US Cellular phones. Do they make an aircard also?
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:17 PM   #25
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I guess they must be different. Mine is http://172.16.0.1

PackerFan, I don't know the answer. You might check www.3gstore.com and see if you can get an answer. Or go to members, find evdoalex and either pm or email him from the profile. He works at 3gstore and is the guy I talked to before buying our aircard. He's very helpful and knowledgeable.

By the way, our cell service is Cingular but our aircard service is Verizon. Verizon just did away with the extra charge for non-verizon phone aircard users. It's the same monthly charge for everyone now. I got an email from them about this.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:51 PM   #26
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Quote:
quote:sreigle Posted - Jul 13 2007 : 12:17:39 AM
...By the way, our cell service is Cingular but our aircard service is Verizon. Verizon just did away with the extra charge for non-verizon phone aircard users. It's the same monthly charge for everyone now. I got an email from them about this.
Steve is your Verizon aircard "unlimited"? Some sites indicate there IS a limit, while others say it is "unlimited". I have a PM into EVDOAlex, but I have not heard back from him.

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:50 AM   #27
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
If you are connected to your router, you can often guess the IP address of the router. Look at your computer's IP address and if it 192.68.0.xx, then for the router, xx would be 1.

BTW, 192.168.x.x is most often used for personal-use routers, while 172.16.x.x is used for commercial private routing, and 10.x.x.x is often used for large corporations and governments.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 02:51 PM   #28
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
Steve,
Thanks for the info and tip. I checked with US Cellular and they do not have an Aircard. I guess if I find the need bad enough to get on line somewhere while in the 5'er I will look into one from another company then.
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:01 PM   #29
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
We are running off of an Alltel aircard and KR1 router. I also need encryption on mine. I will have a computer guru friend of mine come in and help me with this. Really don't want half the neighborhood on my WiFi. I do have unlimited - no exceptions, apparently.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:57 AM   #30
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Myrna, are you trying to set up encryption or are you trying to set up a password so a password is required to use your signal?

PackerFan, you can get the aircard from other than your own cell company without actually having their phone. Our phone is Cingular, our aircard is Verizon. We do not have a verizon phone. Verizon just eliminated the extra charge for non-phone subscribers to use the aircard. We now pay the same as Verizon cell customers do.

Dsprik, when you get into the router via your browser you should be able to set a password that requires others to use a password to use your signal.

DonnAnnie, mine says "unlimited" but in the fine print it does say they can cancel you if you exceed 5GB in a month. Whether they'd do it for a single instance I don't know. It's probably for those who habitually use more than that. 5GB is lots of data but if someone is addicted to video they could exceed that without a lot of difficulty.

Myrna, I'm not sure I can solve your problem but feel free to call me.

I don't think changing time zone is critical. I do it just to keep thing neater. But I've forgotten for a few days and it didn't seem to hurt anything.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:22 PM   #31
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Steve: trying to set up a password, I goofed on the set up initially. I just can't get back on to that site. I thought encryption was that process of putting a password on so others can't use it without your permission... I am no computer person so enlighten me.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:07 AM   #32
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Myrna, the same thing happened to me when I set up the router. I just called and had them walk me through the entire process. Can't remember what it was though. It was easy when they told me what to do.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:36 PM   #33
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Myrna, look in the manual for how to reset the router to its defaults. Then try again.