Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2018, 01:42 PM   #1
Perrymk

M.O.C. #20187
Rear Skin with Sahara full body paint

Hello, does anyone know if we can order a rear Skin panel and required parts that are already painted with Sahara full body paint?

Perrymk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 03:32 PM   #2
BuilderBob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20475
You could try Trek wood.com for Montana parts butt you will likely have to go to a Montana dealer or a RV body shop to get the work done. did you have a mishap?
Happy Trails
BuilderBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:10 PM   #3
Perrymk

M.O.C. #20187
Yes, my Husband backed into a tree, two nice holes in our new Rig!..Need to reset the Camera angle so it is useful..BLEH! :-)
Thank you for the information. Just trying to see what we are up against money wise, we have someone that can do the work, I just want it to come painted...
Old 06-25-2018, 05:29 PM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Are these holes in the rear of your unit or on the side panel below the slides and etc.? If you have a full body paint they will more than likely come in white and the dealer or whoever does your work will have to have them painted. Luckily, I have one of the last of the white bodied Montana's and I don't have to have anything pained when I have a mishap! Don't ask me how I know this! I would contact Keystone Customer Service and see if the metal you are ordering comes painted. MY guess it does not but I have been wrong before!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:34 PM   #5
Perrymk

M.O.C. #20187
Yes it is on the Rear panel, I cant call Keystone, I have been told I have to go through a Dealer, they re of no help. I was hoping they could paint it because we have the full body paint, but it may need to be done elsewhere, I understand Thank you.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:32 PM   #6
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Paint color varies a bit from production run to production run. It's pretty unlikely it will exactly match "IF" you could get it delivered that way. You'll be better off having it painted on the unit by a body shop that has a booth big enough for your unit. I'd go with just getting the holes repaired and then color matched … way less work … unless it is too extensive to go that route.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:41 PM   #7
Perrymk

M.O.C. #20187
Thank you, great idea, may not have to replace the whole piece..
Old 06-25-2018, 09:10 PM   #8
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
This is beyond most dealers capabilities. The best answer is a RV body shop company. They can patch the holes in the fiberglass and then match the colors and paint the repair. This should be covered by your insurance if you want to go that way.

I see you are in the Los Angeles area. There must be shops in the surrounding area that can do all this. I would use them over any dealer including CW, Mike Thompson, etc. We have Rehorn RV Repair in Sacramento who is outstanding. But probably further away than you would like.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote