Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2005, 04:09 PM   #1
Montana_2627
Established Member

M.O.C. #2627
Mobile Bay

Can anyone recommmend a good campground on Mobile Bay? I've checked online but nothing like getiing a firsthand report. This will probably only be a 2 or 3 day trip.

Thanks,
Ed

Montana_2627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 02:23 PM   #2
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Sweeper I had to look in on this forum for a selfish reason. The wife and I are headed that way as well in the Spring and do not know of any good sites either. I hope we both get a lead. I would think that somewhere around Bellingrath Gardens would be some great locations; especially in the spring.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 03:42 PM   #3
Montana_2627
Established Member

M.O.C. #2627
Which of the Alabama state parks have you stayed at. We will bee checking them out for the first time this year. We had borrowed a friends PU a year ago (which led to the purchase we just made) and spent a week at Rickwood Caverns. Hve driven around in Oak Mountain and Tannehill, but that's about it. As far as the coast goes I hear they fill up pretty fast (if Ivan didn't mess them up too bad). The only one around Mobile is Maeher SP and according to alapark.com they only have 12 sites.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:50 AM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We love Wind Creek near Alex City, over 600 sites and you can park right on the lake. Lake views from almost all sites. The Corp of Engineer parks are all nice. Check ReserveUSA.com. Enjoy!

These are in Alabama but not near Mobile Bay, by the way.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 12:18 PM   #5
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
We have stayed at Gulf Breeze RV Resort in Gulf Shores. It is quite nice, but quite full aat present. It is not actually on Mobile Bay, but it is quite close to the east shore.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 02:31 PM   #6
Montana_2627
Established Member

M.O.C. #2627
Have heard nothing but praise about Wind Creek. And it's just 50 miles away from where we live. It's definitely on our list for the spring.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:44 PM   #7
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Native Tex

Sweeper I had to look in on this forum for a selfish reason. The wife and I are headed that way as well in the Spring and do not know of any good sites either. I hope we both get a lead. I would think that somewhere around Bellingrath Gardens would be some great locations; especially in the spring.
There are some campgrounds near Bellingrath Gardens, but we did not think that they looked too inviting. (I think one was called Bellingrath RV Park or something similar). If you stay in Gulf Shores area, you can take the ferry from Fort Morgan to Dauphine Island, then drive to Bellingrath over the causeway. Quite a neat trip. You can either come back on the ferry, or complete the circular tour around Mobile Bay. The Ferry has not been running since the hurricane, but it is supposed to start up again. We heard that Bellingrath was under renovation too, so check before you go. Lots of hurricane damage in that whole area.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 04:56 PM   #8
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Ed and Mary, just try to avoid Wind Creek on the major holidays. It is packed. Most secure their sites on Monday before the holiday just to get a good spot. It's a wonderful place during the off season especially.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 11:55 AM   #9
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
John thanks for the information regarding Bellinggrath and possible residual hurricane damage. We had not considered that still be an issue. We may end up going back to Destin for a visit to the shore. We have camped at Camping on the Gulf there, it was a good spot but close quarters. We have also been to Henderson Beach State park and get a lot of recommendations regarding Top Sail Hill.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote