Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2010, 02:08 AM   #1
Cyrus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6535
Nice weather for ducks

We arrived at Holiday Trav-L-Park VA Beach, VA yesterday for our yearly dealer rally. Trip started out nice but the last half kind of was trip from HE** because of HEAVY-HEAVY rain & wind. On interstate doing 35mph or less, not just me but everyone with flashers on. Radio said it was the most rain for VA Beach in one day ever. Didn't talk about the high wind gusts that seemed to only accrued when on bridge or high overpass! Wading around campground to hookup necessities. Will finish that up today when/if the rain stops

Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:45 AM   #2
sfish
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10234
It sounds like it can only get better from here!
I hope it does.

Steve
sfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818

When you're done with your hook-up duties, you might want to check for webs between your toes. Yes indeed, sounds like very lovely weather for ducks! QUACK!!

I ran into the same type of thing last year while leaving New Orleans on the raised viaduct portion of I-10, raining so hard I couldn't see more than 10 or 20 feet. No where to pull off of the road for miles, couldn't just stop for fear of being hit from behind, what a white knuckle ride!

KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:00 AM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
That sounds awful! I have been there - setting up a rig in a windy heavy rainstorm and at night too - and a little bit of those 35mph driving times. Took way longer than it should for set up which didn't help matters and the rainjacket keep the rain off me but I was still drenched inside because of perspiration (sorry about the vision). But with completing all the hookups and DW making a nice hot meal for me (she stayed inside the rig the whole time with everyone else so she felt it's the least she could do), a nice shower and some hot food and I was happy.

A very good friend of mine told me there's only one thing to do in those conditions...... the backstroke.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:26 PM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
We are parked at Camp Meade, MD, and we are happy that we were parked when it came through here. It rained real hard with a few gusts, but nothing sever. This morning I went out in about 1 inch water and unhooked my black line and let the campsite water drain away, then I hooked back up. I'm sure happy we were not on the road like you were.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 03:50 PM   #6
rving2us
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7880
Good luck, Ducky, even a wet day RVing is better than my day at work today. Lucky Ducky
rving2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:40 AM   #7
Cyrus
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6535
Noticed a couple marks on the ceiling just behind the AC on drivers side. Need to check to see if I have a leak or just related to all heavy rain being driven by the wind. I don't know if there is away it could get through the AC to the ceiling?
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:16 AM   #8
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Boy, it must be everywhere. We arrived at a campground north of Cooperstown, NY yesterday afternoon in a downpour. Had to walk through water while unhooking and getting set up. Thank the Lord for our BigFoot leveling system. Otherwise I'd have gotten wetter than I did.

Toured the Major League Baseball Hall of Fame today. Got some nice pictures of the plaques of some of my favorite ball players topped by Al Kaline.

No fuel stations nearby. Am glad I've got three 5-gallon cans full of diesel on board for our trip Thursday to Milford, CT.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote