Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Mid-Atlantic-Virginia Region
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2007, 03:12 PM   #1
vabluebird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6155
New thread for VA Rally

This is an update of what I have planned for Sept 2008. The other thread was mostly pre-planning. We have plenty of time but if we want
to get together in the Fall, we need to start somewhere. Once we get past the Spring Northeast Rally, we need to get serious, set up committies and reserve some sites at the campground. At that time I
will definatly want a co-wagonmaster if not sooner.

Right now I'm leaning towards Sept. 2008, 1st weekend after Labor Day weekend. The dates would be Thurdsay 9/4 to Sun. 9/7. I think most people like a four day rally. I would like to see a Meet and Greet the first night. Would need someone to take charge as the date gets closer next summer. After the Meet and Greet we could have the gift swap. That was a lot of fun at the NE Rally. If we came in on Thursday night, the Meet and Greet would be Thursday Night, with the Gift Exchange to follow.

Friday could be a Breakfast of omlets in a bag, (if someone there knows how to make them). Campers can sign up for other items. The rest of the day could be free.
Friday night could be a Pot Luck with everyone bringing something.

Saturday could be another free day with bon fire and finger foods, bring your own hot dogs to cook on the fire.

Sunday could be a continal breakfast with easy foods brought by the members. That would fill a 3 night camp stay. Thursday night in, Sun. morning out. I would like at least 2 days of free time because I have never seen the actractions in the area and many who will come haven't either.

Let's try to keep comments on this thread under Rallys. I would also like to see as many as 15 units at least. I have checked out Walnut Hills Campground and it's about the same rate as the NE rally. They have nice sites, some of our members have been there and it comes highly recommended.

http://www.walnuthillscampground.com/

Let's see if we can make this the next Virginia Region Rally. I would also like someone to step in and be our assisted wagon masters. I would hate to put all this work into it and for some reason not be able to carry through. It's always good to have another couple who would carry on.

Any other suggestions welcome. We got plenty of time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vabluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:30 PM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Salle and Samuel (Didn't know who to address it to),
We are definitely interested in what will be out first rally. Just out of curiosity are you considering the sites at the lake (I assume they are all 50 amp full hookups). We (I have not discussed this with DW) will help you in any way we can (again we have no rally experience). As I stated in the other thread, we are eager to meet some (hopefully a bunch) of the other members of the forum. I am thankful that you have stepped up to the plate on getting this started and hope that many others will come on board.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:45 AM   #3
CamprNick
Established Member

M.O.C. #7377
Our 1st rally will be in Gettysburg Memorial weekend. We are looking forward to coming to this rally after Labor day weekend. Can't wait to meet some MOC folks. Will help if we can also, but this is all new to us also. Thank you for getting things started.
CamprNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 03:49 AM   #4
vabluebird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6155
At the moment, I haven't considered any sites at all. I don't even think I have been in touch with the campground. As soon as I have
some definates about how many, ect. I will. Maybe some of those who
have planned rallys before can let me know how soon I need to get in touch with the campground. Being as how we have this planned for after
Labor Day, I would expect spaces would not be a problem.

What I am going to need for help is chairman for the events. The first
one being the Meet and Greet. This is when we get together after we
get set up at our sites. I need someone to coordinate it. We need food and drinks. The food is finger food, snack, ect. The chairman would
start a thread like I did asking people to bring something. They would
then start a list. These threads are set up so you the author, can go
back and make changes. Then on the night of the Meet and Greet, you
would be responsibable for setting it up and clearing it away. My job
would be to overseer the entire rally.

After the Meet and Greet, we could have a gift exchange. This is when
you put your name in a box, and put a gift on the table. When the name
is drawn, you pick a gift and open it. The next person can pick a gift
or take the first one. If they take the first one, the first person
gets to pick again. This goes on until it's over. I need someone in
charge of that.

The Friday morning breakfast needs a chairman, same as the Friday
night pot luck. Also the Sat. bon fire and fingerfoods. Then we need
a chairman for the Sun. morning continial breakfast.

I guess you can address the notes to Salle, that's me, VABluebird.
Samuel, my husband doesn't even turn the computer on. But he will be there to help me in any way he can.

I hope this has helped those new ones who have never been before. If your a leader, I can use your help. It's not that hard, and everyone
will pitch in and work together.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:43 AM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Salle,
In an effort to keep this thread near the top, after a long and lengthy discussion with DW (about two minutes), we have decided to not only mark this permanently on our calendar, but are going to jump in the water head-first and be your first volunteer. We have decided that we would like to be the coordinating couple for the Meet and Greet and Gift Exchange. What better way to introduce ourselves to what we hope will be a gaggle of attendees and put some faces to the MOC right off the bat. I will give everyone fair warning though, DW's nickname for years (used to be her e-mail name) is Chatty Cathy (remember the doll from years ago). I am the silent type (can't get a word in - KIDDING). If you agree with accepting us as coordinators, we will start a corresponding thread with regards to the Meet and Greet and Gift Exchange early next Spring to get a head start on what we feel will be a great Rally. I can only hope that others have the foresight to mark off this long weekend on their calendar well in advance, (now is the opportune time if you can plan that far ahead), and join all of as Walnut Hills.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:59 AM   #6
vabluebird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6155
Bingo & Cathy,
Thank you so much for offering to head the Meet & Greet and Gift Exchange. I was beginning to feel I was in this alone. And Cathy, we
will get along just fine, I'm the talker, Samuel is the quiet one. He'll stand back and wait for me to tell him what to do, I just jump in and do it. Looking forward to Sept 08.