Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2007, 02:11 PM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Mark Kroll is a District sales rep and has nothing to do with the service center or customer service. He is also on the road a great deal of the time as that is what District sales reps do.If there is something you need to have done with your Montana Mark Kroll or any District sales rep is not the person to call..you need to contact customer service. And I wish ole Rich did get preferential treatment but that is not the case. In dealing with Keystone, Customer service, the service center or any other entity it is like Golf..it is all in the approach. I spent many years working with people..people that I needed to do something for me and people that wanted me to do something for them. I am persistent, do my homework , understand the organization I am trying to get something from and over the years have learned how to "communicate effectively" with people.In my Dealings with keystone I have NOT always been satisfied but have always been satisfied with the interaction. Oh and about 5000 of these post have been just plain old BS'ing with fellow MOC'ers. When I have a "serious matter" to discuss with Keystone it is not on this forum but between myself and Keystone. I say again.. I have never had a problem in communicating with Keystone/Montana. My E mails and phone calls have always been answered..maybe not overnight, but answered and it has nothing to do with how many post I made on this forum..it has everything to do with Ole Rich's ability to "communicate effectively" and.. I am one of the worst critics of Keystone both on this forum and face to face..why in the world would a person who is a constant "thorn in Keystones side" get preferential treatment

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 07:55 PM   #22
keham
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3778
Rich maybe its so you won't be such a torn. If I read what these folks have been saying right. It is they never get the chance to use the people communicating skills. Because they never get the call backs or e-mails answered.

Orv Not everyone gets the service from yours and mines dealer. Your thirty year service with them carries weight that my 4 years with them does not. As to me they rate a 5 at best and a few others think the same. But that is not the issue. The issue is keystone doe not treat people the same. But It does appear for the three years I have been watching this forum that the ones that seem to make one of the big Montana rallies do seem to have no trouble with keystone. Just seems odd but that is how it looks on the surface.
keham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:33 AM   #23
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Update: The dealer initiated system works well. We were called by the dealer and told Keystone approved all of the replacements (converter and Microwave) under Warranty and the dealer never spoke to a person at Keystone. It was all done via the computerized software system Keystone has in place at the dealer. In addition to the "damaged" items the dealer has been authorized to replace a cracked taillight (over torqued screw - will not pass state inspection in current condition) and replace the air mattress on the sofa bed (slow leak).

The dealer didn't seek authorization on the TV in the bedroom because when he plugged it in it worked. Tried to tell me the smoke I saw was probably from the converter vice the TV - NOT I was standing next to the TV and watched the smoke waif out the vent slots before I unplugged the TV. The converter is half a coach away! Anyway, while waiting on parts we took the unit out again last weekend with our Good Sams club. Put a charger on the battery when it ran low. AC side of the house worked fine except for Saturday night. Had the TV on as we got ready for bed and after about 45 minutes the GFI in the front part of the unit tripped and there was a "warm" smell in the air. Unplugged the TV and reset the GFI circuit. No further problems the rest of the weekend. DW is calling dealer again today to insist that the TV be replaced. (It will still power up, I checked Sunday before we pulled out) but I am convinced there is some internal wiring issues (melted insulation/what ever). Dealer was afraid Keystone would complain if when he sent the "bad" TV back and they checked it the TV appeared to work fine. We are telling him to tell them to plug it in for an hour or so but don't leave it unattended and they will be able to observe the "problem".

Will keep all informed.

Bill
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:25 AM   #24
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Mark Kroll is a District sales rep and has nothing to do with the service center or customer service. He is also on the road a great deal of the time as that is what District sales reps do.If there is something you need to have done with your Montana Mark Kroll or any District sales rep is not the person to call..you need to contact customer service.
Rich, I did not call Mark Krol he called me. Earlier I had called Keystone about the problem I was having and talked to another person. It was Mark Krol who called me back and I indeed talk to him.When I followed up with a reminder call it was Mike who took my call. Mike read the notes that Mark had left on the problem I am having. So he does make calls to customers or by golly he has a twinn with the same name! He might be a district sales rep but he is a Keystone employee. As an update we are playing phone tag...LoL Seriously I hope to catch the return call back from him or Mike.

campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:27 AM   #25
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Mark Krol is the kind of Guy that will do anything to please a customer. If you should talk to him he will get the ball rolling and take a personal interest. I guess my point was, and not well made, is that the District sales reps are not really part of the service center or customer service and they are on the road a lot.They will help with a problem but it may be difficult to keep in touch with them. I always include Mark in my E mails and dealings with keystone ,
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:01 AM   #26
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Just heard back from Keystone with Mike. It took some time(telephone tag) but he assures me we have 7000lb axles and that a recall is being done to correct the situation.

Not a problem Rich, I agree with you Mark seems to want to please Keystone customers. It is nice that they will follow up on situations.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote