Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2007, 09:50 AM   #1
bardave
Established Member

M.O.C. #5894
Warning

If you go in for service at Camping World in Katy TX, unload your entire rig.

I know we all hear from disgruntled customers and read their comments from lousy experiences from this service or that service. I guess I will join the list.... but will not go into specific customer service except to say it was non-existent.

My main issue is Theft. Yes, the service folks stole my $360 surge protector and a few of the other plugs I had locked in my power box. I have been in repair facilities too many times in my travels, yet I have never had anything stolen.

The Katy store has a sign posted with words to the effect that I must remove all items of value from my rig ...just how in the heck can a person do that, when it is fully loaded.
My questions to them go unanswered and my only recourse is to warn folks.

I wrote letters to management at Camping World and to the CEO of Freedom Roads, their parent company... neither organization feels it is even worth while to respond to me.

I will get another surge protector, not from Camping World, they now have one too many.

bardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:59 AM   #2
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
Man, really sorry to hear that. It's so frustrating when you can't even trust the very people you are putting your trust in. I hope someone from CW contacts you to try and resolve this issue. Thanks for the heads up.

Jan

On edit~ I hope I don't have any unexpected surprises like that when I pick up my Monty on Monday.
Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:35 PM   #3
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Connorsmom

Man, really sorry to hear that. It's so frustrating when you can't even trust the very people you are putting your trust in. I hope someone from CW contacts you to try and resolve this issue. Thanks for the heads up.

Jan

On edit~ I hope I don't have any unexpected surprises like that when I pick up my Monty on Monday.
Jan, I don't think you have anything to worry about. From what I've heard from others about where you took your rig, you'll be okay. Usually the dealers are pretty trustworthy. I know in my case, when I have work done by Ketelsen RV in Hiawatha, IA, I go away and leave both computers, all our electronic equipment, coin purses and lots of other things of value right out in plain sight. I happen to know everyone in their dealership and trust every one of them. I know what would happen if anything untoward did happen there.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:47 PM   #4
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
Guess maybe we will have to stay in the rig while they are working on it. Follow them like a shadow even if they say their insurance will not cover. No Shadow, No Business Period! Maybe some type of legal paperwork that the shop has to sign before we let them work on our homes protecting us from them. Just tossing some ideas around here.

One thing for sure didn't purchase the membership this year and now guaranteed to not! If CW can't even have the respect to contact their customer then they do not need our dollars! To bad always did feel they were a rip off but convieniant now to hear this confirms the rip off part!

Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:55 PM   #5
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
What about writing a letter to Trailer Life's RV Action Line? I bet the CW folks wouldn't like your story hitting the main magazine of the RV industry. Sorry to hear of your loss, but thanks for the heads up.
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:14 AM   #6
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
I was going to suggest the same thing Fire5er did. You might also try contacting Good Sam Club.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 03:55 AM   #7
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
Please don't stop writing letters,this the only recourse we rv'ers have.Places like this should be held accountable and stopped.I'm sure the CEO at cw would like to here about the M.O.C. avoiding cw in Texas.
Don't give up (the sweeky wheel gets the grease)
garyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 04:39 AM   #8
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
We had work done in Oklahoma City camping world and didn't have a problem.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:56 AM   #9
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
I have had a couple things done at CW in couple different towns, and work done at other sources. We never had anything missing yet, but I think the reason is that I stay with my "home". We are fulltimers, and it is our house, when I had a stck house I never let anyone come inside or outside for repairs without me there. Its "my" money, my home or TV, And to hell with there insurance "joke" maybe they should have "theft" insurance! But nearly all places will let you stay in your home if you ask.
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:10 AM   #10
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Fire5er

What about writing a letter to Trailer Life's RV Action Line? I bet the CW folks wouldn't like your story hitting the main magazine of the RV industry. Sorry to hear of your loss, but thanks for the heads up.
Since the Affinity Group owns both Trailer Life and Camping World what do you think the chances are that they would put the letter in Action Line?
BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 04:36 PM   #11
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
I think if camping world wants to save there back they better come up with the parts and fire the thief in the building . its a thief in the back room and how do you follow them all day when they post at the door you are not allowed . i know if you try to post it in rv mag it will get the trash can
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote