Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2007, 12:12 PM   #1
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Broken Tail light

Today I took my Silverado into the local Gulf Shores Chevy dealer because my taol light assembly snapped off on my trip to Alabama. (My DW noticed it hanging by the wiring harness whn we stopped for fuel). My Silverado just went past the warranty period by a 1,000 miles, and the dealer's service guy told me that the extended warranty I had did not normally cover light fixtures and the cost to replace would be $140 plus labor. I told them to go ahead and I would pay for it and try to get the waranty folks to pay me after the fact. To my surprise, after a ten minute installation, the service manager handed me my keys and told me to have a nice stay. So, I asked for the bill, and he said that he authorized the repair under warranty, since it appeared to be a defective part and I had just went past the warranty milage. Talk about great service, I know that when I am in the area, I will go to Southern Chevrelot, and maybe even wheel and deal on a new 3500 next year.

bob

rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:30 PM   #2
tbhd2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5709
It's always nice to here of someones success story. Especially when a dealership or the manufacturer steps up to the plate and takes care of a problem that is clearly a defect. Congratulations.
tbhd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:49 PM   #3
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
When Phyllis and I weree on a trip to the southwest, I lostg the EGR valve of my Dura. We were 80 miles from the nearest dealer, Onstar towed the vehicle to the dealer while we stayed at a gas station for two days. The dealer had the part air feighted in and repaired on monday morning. This all aprapos of nothing, escept that I have never had a bad service experience from any GM Dealer. LOVE THAT TRUCK
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 01:18 PM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Rick we will echo that. Last spring when our truck had problems on the way to the Shasta rally, the dealer that fixed it called a couple of days later to see how we were doing. Never had that happen before.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 01:55 AM   #5
tweir
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #572
GM has a "Goodwill Warranty Program" that service managers can and do use at their descretion. As echo'd by others, GM's service philosophy has made great strides in the past 6 or 7 years recognizing the consumer keeps their doors open and the few dollars they do spend on their "Goodwill Program" is probably the cheapest marketing tool they have.
tweir is offline   Reply With Quote