Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Internet & Cell Phones
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2009, 03:38 AM   #1
Dennis and Carol
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #53
Phone lost internal antenna

This is one I just don't understand. Have a Samsung T-819 phone with T-Mobile as provider. At times we need better reception for both phone calls and internet access. Yesterday we were at the Market Place in Yuma and was at the booth selling Wilson products. I was bemoaning the fact that the phone did not have a port to attach an external antenna. The fellow in the booth then showed me a port inside the battery compartment under a small plastic flap. I was greatly excited as I even had the correct pigtail to connect the antenna. The phone immediately went to 5 bars. We then tested it in other areas where we had no signal before and had good service. The joy faded rapidly when we discovered that the phone no longer had any coverage unless it was connected to the external antenna. It acts like the internal antenna is no longer there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dennis and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:00 AM   #2
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Dennis and Carol,
I have found with my Motorola phone if I turn it off and wait a minute and turn it back on it cures some of the ills that build up. It is like rebooting the computer. BTW we were at the Market Place a couple of days ago. JB
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote