Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > Archived - MOC WEB SITE & COMPUTER TECH HELP > Archived MOC Geek Squad
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2006, 02:39 AM   #1
Karl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #522
Hawking USB Wi-Fi Dish

I have heard some good things about the Hawking WI-FI "dish" for places where the Wi-Fi signal is weaker. Does anyone here have direct experience with one or with something similar?

Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:20 PM   #2
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
I have a Hawking USB antenna...it may not be the dish model you are speaking of and I am unable to check the model I have right now.
I really like the unit I have for performance, but the software is rather dated feeling and not as user friendly as others.
It currently is packed away and I use the Linksys as it's easier across different operating systems.
I am hoping you are speaking of the dish type that looks like a mini direct tv antenna. I've been considering one of those.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:14 PM   #3
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
If you do a search on homemade wifi antennas you will come up with so many types. Like the pringle can, the dish is a good one, there was another one in there that got great distance, if a person has any kind of electronic smarts they could build one. Good luck guys.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 12:08 AM   #4
smc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3125
I have the Hawkins dish, it works ok. Not a huge difference, but sometimes makes a connection possible. The park we were in last year had a very weak signal if you were towards the back of the park. The dish meant I could get a connection, but some days it was iffy.
smc is offline   Reply With Quote