Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2005, 02:10 PM   #1
houseof many dogs
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #854
3295 - What to do with the recliner

Ever since we got our 3295, my better half has has complained about me "sprawling" out in the recliner. Has anyone come up with a solution that gets the chair out of the way and still keeps some of the good features of the living area?
We are considering a smaller sofa, moving the dining table, buying a folding dining table and any thing that gets the chair away from the center of the living area.
Help is appreciated!

houseof many dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 03:06 PM   #2
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
That's a very popular model and what some people have done is put the kitchen table and chairs where the recliner and then move the recliner next to the couch. I know RC & Samantha have done this and I believe they have picture but it won't let me in to see them right now. Hang on there will others posting with a lot more knowledge on this model than me.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 03:12 PM   #3
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
We have the 3295 and, following RC and Samantha's lead, we switched the chair and the table around too. HamRad's wife, Mary Kay, liked it so much when she saw it at the Rally, she immediately went and switched theirs around.

If you're having trouble imagining it, click on the Our RV Travels link in my signature, then click on Our Home, we just put some new pictures there and it will show what we did.

We really like it this way ...

vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 04:14 PM   #4
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Vicki-

Just looked at your home page and really like the way you did the sofa/ recliner thing. In our last trailer we took the sofa out and bought two Lazy-Boys for comfort as we had no use for the sofa bed and it was terribly uncomfortable to sit on. We still have the two Lazy-Boys and may do the same thing with the Montana. Where and how do you secure the dining table and chairs when underway?
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 03:56 AM   #5
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Charlie: We too got rid of the recliner that came with the Montana and bought the LazyBoy you see in "Steve's World" a/k/a the former dining area of our 3295. The couch too has been replaced ... we used to have the sofa bed, gave it away and bought a jackknife couch in the same upholstry as our old one. Much more comfortable to sit on, easier to use and gives us some additional storage underneath. Don't know if our 6' tall granddaughter will like it, but she's young ... she'll adapt!

Oh yeah ... your question! When traveling, Steve's LazyBoy gets turned so that it's facing the end of the couch. The dining table gets flipped over and I slide it so it rides upside down between Steve's chair and the end of the slide. I can put smaller items (like the wastebaskets, space heater and such) on the table and they'll ride just fine. The dining chairs ride very nicely in the bathroom and are not in the way of the library (w/c)door. By the way, I don't strap anything down for travel.

Is that clear as mud?
Old 02-06-2005, 01:39 PM   #6
houseof many dogs
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #854
Thanks for the replies. Went to the PIX and they gave me a few ideas. I found a website,RVSurplus.com and bought a folding table. We will take out the dinette and use the folder. We can store it near the where the original table was when travelling and set it up near the curio cabinet when camping. Many thanks again for the responses.
houseof many dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 01:57 PM   #7
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Hey John and Betsy, like Vicki said the different arrangement works very well. We love it and Dick has oh so much room to sprawl out on the recliner in "Steve's World", well it's actually my world in ours.

If you go to the link in my signature line it will take you to the photo album. Then click on View all Photos. It's the one that is labeled "Big Sky Changes." There are a ton of pictures from all different angles and many of how we store everything closed up and ready to go.

Unlike Vicki I strap down quite a few things. We always seem to travel the worse roads. You'll be able to see by the pictures that I keep the dining table right side up by the stairs to the bedroom area. We can still get past, feel better knowing it's secure plus it gives me a place to strap down the printer.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 04:38 PM   #8
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Patty ... our printer rides on our bed, as do all the computer stuff. Very, very little (if any) movement there.