Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2018, 12:43 PM   #1
Travelling Three
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19003
Montana 3661RL Owners

I read the Montanas' Owners forum several times a week. Basically to add suggestions where I can. I know there are dozens and dozens of different types/styles/models of Montanas but I have not seen a model like ours, a 2017 3661RL. Knock on wood its been a good 5th wheel. We've had it for two years and we full timing full time. My question is, let me know if you own a 3661RL and how has it been holding up.

Travelling Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 03:37 PM   #2
NC3661RL

M.O.C. #22354
We have a 2016 3661RL and love it. No major issues other than replacing the cheap tires to prevent a blowout and installing a Dometic 320 toilet. We full time also.Love the layout.
NC3661RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:16 PM   #3
Jon Susn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20311
We have a 2017 3661rl. We love it. I have made a few mods from suggestions on this forum. I believe I read a while back that you had purchased yours from camping world in myrtle beach sc. we did also.
We love the layout and I like the fact that we can access the fridge ,bathroom and bedroom without extending any slides.
NC3661RL. Our rig came with sailun tires and we have had no issues
2014 FORD 250 SUPERDUTY 6.7L 4X4 PLATINUM
Jon Susn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:02 AM   #4
Travelling Three
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19003
Hey there are a couple 3661RL's out there! Glad to hear from you. It is reassuring that the 3661RLs DON'T end up as a topic on the forum! We purchased our 3661RL two years ago. I immediately replaced the tires with Sailums also. We haven't had any problems with them. I have had a couple of problems but been able to repair them myself. The major issue I had was with the water heater. The electrical connections in the junction box burned up. In the middle of the night the main 50 amp breaker tripped along with the 15 amp water heater breaker. Kind of scarey esp at night. The following morning my wife said there was no hot water so I started to look into the electrical connections. The junction box sits on top of the water heater, not easy to get to. I ended up cutting (sawing) out the bottom cabinet shelf above the water heater. I got everything cleaned up and reconnected and hot water returned! I've added a shelf to the bathroom cabinets, under the bathroom sink, the hallway coat hangar closet and the pots and pans cabinet. Were going to replace the overhead kitchen sink light fixture and the kitchen table overhead light fixture. We will do this this winter while we winter over in Mesa, Az. Were going to replace the toilet and add a folding kitchen counter top extension. I'm also thinking about replacing the stereo system esp the sound bar. I will put the living room sound bar back in the bedroom. Just a few of the improvements we are looking at. Love the layout esp the outside man cave! Wife loves the "beam" separating the kitchen from the living room. We have been to RV shows since purchasing our 3661RL and we have not seen anything better than what we have now. Were not looking to purchase anything, just looking at the new units. Take care out there! Thanks for the reply.
Travelling Three is offline   Reply With Quote