Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2018, 12:52 PM   #1
Al D.
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22417
Improving TV Audio - Help

I have a 2018 345RL. I am trying to figure out how to improve the TV Audio. There isn't a sound bar and I can't get it to play through the stereo. There doesn't seem to be enough room to mount a sound bar above or below the TV. The TV and stereo are bot Furrion. Am I missing something simple? Has anyone done n upgrade?

Al D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 01:15 PM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
If your TV has audio output jacks and your sound system has audio input (or maybe aux input) jacks, you should be able to connect the two using a standard audio cable and get the TV sound thru the sound system. You must select the audio or aux input when you turn on the sound system. At least that is how mine works.
BB_TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 01:25 PM   #3
Al D.
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22417
Thanks BB_TX I will give it a shot.
Old 09-09-2018, 01:50 PM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
My rig is older. And I am not familiar with the Furrion equipment. But my original boat anchor TV and no-name sound system worked that way. Replaced with a Samsung TV and Panasonic sound system and that works the same. So I would guess you have a good shot at yours working.
BB_TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 03:53 PM   #5
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I know nothing about a Furion. But in my 2012, the TV (audio out) was connected to the stereo (audio in) with a fiber optic cable. You did have to set the input on the stereo to "D In" (digital input) to get it to work. Perhaps they still configure them this way or it is a way for you to go.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 08:16 PM   #6
suny07
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21337
Our Furrion TV and Stereo is connected via the AVI Input on the Stereo.
Select AVI on Stereo and then adjust both sound settings on TV and Stereo.

If that does not work you should check if you have a Audio Cable from the TV to the Stereo.

You can upgrade with Furrion Speakers if you want to stay with this vendor: https://www.furrion.com/store/audiovisual/audio/

Mike

Montana 3123RL Legacy 'Boon-docking Edition'
RAM 3500 Mega Cab Cummins Diesel DRW
suny07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 08:59 PM   #7
TennTom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22087
Can you give model number of A/V equipment. I have a Furrion TV and Stereo. The Stereo is the DV3300. With the HDMI from the 3300 to the HDMI 2 port on the TV will allow audio to come through to the stereo using the ARC function. I believe the DV3100 will do the same. I was toying with the notion of buying a soundbar but don't think I have the need for it now. If I fulltimed I might think of a 5.1 system.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:59 PM   #8
mootana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15746
Audio Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al D. View Post
I have a 2018 345RL. I am trying to figure out how to improve the TV Audio. There isn't a sound bar and I can't get it to play through the stereo. There doesn't seem to be enough room to mount a sound bar above or below the TV. The TV and stereo are bot Furrion. Am I missing something simple? Has anyone done n upgrade?
Dear Al D
I've sent you a PM. I believe I can help.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:17 AM   #9
Al D.
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22417
I got it figured out. The audio cable was plugged into audio in on tv and stereo. Switched TV to audio out and it works. You know the saying....Two in's don't make an out.....LOL
Thanks for the help.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:32 PM   #10
sberlin
Established Member

M.O.C. #22049
IRV stereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al D. View Post
Our 3701LK has the IRV stereo system and this is what I did
I made it work. Had to remove front glass plate and then unscrew and slide out stereo unit. On the back is the description for the video out and audio in(pic). I went ahead and attached both sets of cables(pic) just in case but it only requires the RCA Stereo cable. Had to drill a hole for the cable to reach the stereo. The audio out is on the left side of my tv(pic)- simply connect the cable and put everything back together. In the tv menu make sure your speakers are set to Auto. Set the stereo to TV Audio and the tv remote controls the volume. Besides the better sound in the living room this allows me to play the tv sound on the exterior speakers while watching the smaller exterior tv.

I’d still like to access the setup of the stereo to adjust the equalizer, etc. so will continue to work on that.o

Hi All- can’t get the main tv to play thru the iRV32 component in our 3701LK. In the manual it shows a system setup mode but I can’t get to it. The remote works except for the setup key. Ran the reset function but no difference. Anyone know how to maneuver this? Thanx!
sberlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 04:07 PM   #11
Bob450
Established Member

M.O.C. #19473
Tv

Mine wasn’t connected up. You should be able to tell by looking at the back of the tv on the audio output jack.
Bob450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 04:23 PM   #12
Petmoose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12532
I bought an “open box” Samsung sound bar from Best Buy and velcroed it to the top of the televator. What a huge difference it is from the poor unit that came in the unit. By mounting there I can also use blue tooth or connect it to another source for just music. Bought the blue tooth surround sound speakers that go with it and used the wires and mount brackets to replace the old surround speakers. The sub woofer and blue tooth box sit behind the theater seats.
Petmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 06:22 AM   #13
vacationer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22355
We use the arc on the grey remote and on tv remote then it will come thru the speakers
vacationer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 04:26 PM   #14
RLCJAH
Established Member

M.O.C. #26764
Furion TV system

Trying to get the TV to work off the stero speakers. Can not get it to work. Any ideas??
RLCJAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 05:50 PM   #15
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Stock speakers are not very good. We bought a Bose solo sound bar at Sams. Sits behind the TV. Sounds great.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 08:06 PM   #16
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I believe current Montana equipped TVs are connected to the stereo by design (Likely the HDMI cable but earlier it was via an optical cable). You have to select the correct input on the stereo to hear the TV sound.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 10:03 AM   #17
GreG L.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21993
On our 2020 we could never get sound from anything other than the Jensen TV, nothing through the Jensen sound system other than radio or CD. We replaced the TV with a 4K Samsung and found there was no connection between the sound system and the TV.
GreG L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 08:51 AM   #18
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreG L. View Post
On our 2020 we could never get sound from anything other than the Jensen TV, nothing through the Jensen sound system other than radio or CD. We replaced the TV with a 4K Samsung and found there was no connection between the sound system and the TV.
I'm trying to understand this... is there an HDMI coming into the TV? And, are all of the other cables also coming to the TV? (satellite, etc)

The reason I ask, is that some systems have all the connects go first to the sound receiver, then a single HDMI to the TV. This is normal in home theater systems. But, I've seen in some RV's that everything hooks first to the TV, then the receiver.

Curious to know which way it is actually setup on the Montana.

thanks,
Brad
kowbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 09:18 AM   #19
432bartman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26190
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreG L. View Post
Ours was the same way with the Jenson. Only could get the radio, or your bluetooth to play through the external RV speakers. Got rid of the Jenson TV and replaced it with a smart TV and have all the sound coming through a Polk soundbar with a bluetooth subwoofer.
2019 Keystone Montana 3560RL, 2020 Chevy 2500 HD, Firestone airbags, Air Lift wireless compressor, Curt gooseneck, 20K Reese Goosebox, TST-507, USMC combat vet & retired LEO. Robert, Anika, Breanna, Dylan (daughter-in-law Stephanie). & our Great Pyrenees Layla
432bartman is offline   Reply With Quote