Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #1
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Manuals for New Trailers

Hello,

I noticed going through our trailer that there didn't seem to be very many manuals included for the various equipment and systems. In fact, I had to request the Montana Owner's Manual as it wasn't in the unit anywhere. I know it's online, but I like to have a hard copy for reference as well. I have a Dexter booklet, one for the Level-Up and a few others, but I was wondering if anyone has a list of what manuals I should expect to have for all the appliances, etc. For example is there one for the toilet, the converter?? I wanted to have everything I could think of so I can compile a maintenance list and also of course for reference for settings, trouble-shooting, etc.

So, if anyone could add to this list that would be very much appreciated, and I hope a help to others!! Thanks very much.

Level-Up
generator
refrigerator
stove
microwave
TVs - living room, bedroom, outside
converter
water heater
slides?
toilet
water pump?
thermostat
AC
furnace
tire paperwork?
Fantastic fans

ADDED:

DVD player
fireplace
vacuum system
outdoor stereo

seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
DVD play needs to be on the list.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #3
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Thanks Dick!
Old 07-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #4
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Ours came with a huge pile of manuals. I filled a 4" three ring binder with them if that gives you an idea. Most everything you listed had a paper copy. Noticeable exceptions are: the Level-up system (there doesn't seem to be much information on it) and tires. Ask your dealer where they went. Perhaps someone stored them in the drawer under the couch?

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:12 PM   #5
Bigboomer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12333
Greg,

I must say that is a smokin set-up you "finally" got....Many years of happy trails and travels!!!

Les

Old 07-03-2012, 03:28 PM   #6
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Carl and Susan x 2.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #7
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Carl n Susan

Ours came with a huge pile of manuals. I filled a 4" three ring binder with them if that gives you an idea. Most everything you listed had a paper copy. Noticeable exceptions are: the Level-up system (there doesn't seem to be much information on it) and tires. Ask your dealer where they went. Perhaps someone stored them in the drawer under the couch?
Thanks Carl! Funny thing is, one of the manuals I did receive was for the Level-Up. I'll have to check the couches - I didn't know ours had drawers! Most of them were in the kitchen drawers, but for example the refrigerator one was inside the frig.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:02 PM   #8
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bigboomer

Greg,

I must say that is a smokin set-up you "finally" got....Many years of happy trails and travels!!!

Les
Thanks a lot Les - We can't wait to take it out for our first official trip!

Old 07-04-2012, 04:23 PM   #9
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
Hey Greg. So you finally got the unit. Cool! In regards to the manuals, I had to get a hand truck to haul our pile. Kidding....but not by much. I've got one whole drawer in the desk devoted to manuals. Most of the vendors you can go online and download the manuals on whatever piece of equipment you have. Or, call their customer service department. It's a whole lot quicker than having the dealer try to get it. We've been out three times so far this year. Stub Stewart SP, Detroit Lake SP, and recently Collier SP. Next outing will be the Great Oregon Steam Up the end of the month. Then Ft. Stevens mid-August.
2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 3500 SRW
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #10
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
What do you need manuals for? The MOC far exceeds any written manuals that were probably translated into English badly anyway!!!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
For the level up system go to the lippert web site and download the manual. We have a pile of manuals but but every time I want to See how something works there is no manual for it?? No different than the 06 3400.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #12
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TAKPAK

Hey Greg. So you finally got the unit. Cool! In regards to the manuals, I had to get a hand truck to haul our pile. Kidding....but not by much. I've got one whole drawer in the desk devoted to manuals. Most of the vendors you can go online and download the manuals on whatever piece of equipment you have. Or, call their customer service department. It's a whole lot quicker than having the dealer try to get it. We've been out three times so far this year. Stub Stewart SP, Detroit Lake SP, and recently Collier SP. Next outing will be the Great Oregon Steam Up the end of the month. Then Ft. Stevens mid-August.
Hey Terry, good to hear from you. I do have some in .pdf form. I just need to get a few hard copies made so I can have something in the trailer as I don't have a laptop yet. Good idea on customer service versus the dealer.

Nice to see you've been out a few times... and state parks no less - good to know there are at least a few our rigs will fit into Other than a couple nights in CW's lot, our first official overnight was at.... Cabela's. Actually they are great. They have outdoor kennels for dogs, and stalls for horses - both with water you can use for the trailer. They also had a dump station that was only $5.00.

Looks like our first real outing is going to be Cape Kiwanda RV Resort in Pacific City. We've never been there, but have been to Pacific City RV in Cloverdale (the one with the bunnies). Funny story there - we didn't know about the bunnies BEFORE we went there with my brother and his family. Well, our little whippets were bred to hunt said bunnies so they were going absolutely nuts with the smells and sights of the cute little bunnies and wanted to eat them. I just knew we were going to be the cause of traumatizing some young child who saw fluffy get eaten. But in the end all was fine and we just either had them in the trailer or a quick out of the park if they were going with us to the beach.

Now that we have the triler we'll have to try to connect. Maybe Ft. Stevens will work out, we'll have to get the dates from you.

Take care,

Greg and Kris
Old 07-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #13
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

What do you need manuals for? The MOC far exceeds any written manuals that were probably translated into English badly anyway!!!!
Bingo
Good point Bingo! And the MOC is MUCH more entertaining than those dry old manuals!!

Old 07-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #14
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

We have a pile of manuals but but every time I want to See how something works there is no manual for it?? No different than the 06 3400.
Isn't that funny how that always seems to be the way it works??

On the Lippert we actually did get the manual - AND a DVD! I haven't had time to view it yet, but if it's anything other than just advertising fluff I will let everyone know if it is actually useful so they can try and get a copy. I can sure tell you no one on the lot knew how to use it. Luckily I had downloaded that .pdf before our PDI so I had a good idea how it functioned and could tell the guy trying to show us

Old 07-05-2012, 03:42 AM   #15
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There is a big sticker right under the level up system control panel that gives a step by step indtructions. It is enough to get you going.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #16
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
We thought that between two college educated people we'd have enough education to allow us to operate the Level Up system but we were wrong! So we start in a Masters Degree program this coming Quarter! Hopefully this degree will at least get us to the point where we can turn the system on and off! If necessary we're prepared to even go for our Doctorate! Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #17
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by HamRad

We thought that between two college educated people we'd have enough education to allow us to operate the Level Up system but we were wrong! So we start in a Masters Degree program this coming Quarter! Hopefully this degree will at least get us to the point where we can turn the system on and off! If necessary we're prepared to even go for our Doctorate! Dennis and Mary Kay
When our unit came in, one of the delays was they said the Level-Up wasn't working and so they had to order a new circuit board. My guess is it was operator error and the circuit board was fine, they just didn't know how to operate it and were too lazy to read the manual
Old 07-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #18
berridge
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6415
I can't help comparing the owners manual I got with my new car with the bag of "manuals" I received with my RV. In addition the car has a detailed maintance schedule booklet. The RV industry continues to get away with providing only a only a minimum of information on the systems and equipment.
berridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:04 PM   #19
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
BTW when you figure out how that Jensen DVD actually works in the outside entertainment I would live to chat! Lol. I am pretty smart but it even has our expert Kid perplexed! Lol
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:50 PM   #20
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by berridge

I can't help comparing the owners manual I got with my new car with the bag of "manuals" I received with my RV. In addition the car has a detailed maintance schedule booklet. The RV industry continues to get away with providing only a only a minimum of information on the systems and equipment.
Hi Wayne,

Agree. I'm in the process of taking the maintenance list from this site and tweaking it to cover all of my systems so I will have a complete master maintenance log - there is a LOT of maintenance to remember with all of these systems it is a little overwhelming!!