Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2006, 02:49 PM   #1
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Judy and Glen Denner

Bit concerned bout ya, you still in Tennessee, the weather reports are grim. Hope you are ok.

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 03:28 PM   #2
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Do you know where they are?

Heard from Faye that they had sirens sounding, but were OK. Looks like the front has passed them now, but TN & AL area seems to be on target.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 03:54 PM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
John, I thought they were going to Nashville????? From what I am seeing on the weather channel, it is ALL bad in Tennessee.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:59 PM   #4
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Got an email from Judy a little while ago ... can't remember exactly where they are in Tennessee (Nashville area?), but they've packed their jammies and toothbrushes, grabbed Greta and are staying with their son-in-law and grandson. So, don't know how safe the Montana is, but the Denners are snug and safe with family.

vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 04:02 PM   #5
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Thanks Vicki for the update, smart move on their part!!
Old 04-07-2006, 04:17 PM   #6
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Blessings to all of you for your concern. We drove through rain and hail to pick up Daniel at school in Brentwood, south of Nashville, but they suffered no wind damage at their house. Daniel had spend the afternoon in the school hallway and they didn't dismiss them until 4:30 PM but all were safe. It was much worse east of us with at least two fatalities.

We are going back to the Monty tonight (hopefully she is still in one piece) as it has calmed down a great deal. We have to get Greta home as she is shivering in fear! Maybe she'll feel better in her own closet.

Thanks again for thinking of us. What an awesome forum.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 04:40 PM   #7
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Judy thank goodness you and yours are safe and sound. Thanks for checking in to let us all know.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 05:06 PM   #8
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Glad to hear you guys are okay and hope Greta will be more comfortable in the Montana.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 05:08 PM   #9
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Keep us posted! Glad to hear you are ok,

poor Greta
Old 04-07-2006, 05:19 PM   #10
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
What an experience. We were discussing where we would go if we got bad weather here...Not much choice, but we would probably wait it out in the metal building. The kids are in a manufactured home and no basement. Glad you are ok and also your family.
Take care...
Love, Myrna
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 05:40 PM   #11
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
Judy, glad to hear that you are OK. I know that pets don't like to be in weather like that. I spoke with my daughter who lives in Forest Hills and she said it was bad all around the area. We will be going through Nashville around the second week of May. What campground do you stay in while in that area? Marge
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 04:16 AM   #12
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Marge, we stay at Seven Points, COE campground which is on the lake and beautiful. Unfortunately, everyone else thinks that it is beautiful so it's hard to get in. ReserveUSA.com is where you make your reservations. If you'll be here during the week, you might still get in, but the weekends are probably full. No sewer and no WiFi. We're outside Panera Bread using their free hotspot. Our other alternative is Two Rivers which is more in town. Ask to stay away from the bus business (tours) as it is noisy. A nice park, full hookups and WiFi. Nashville is fun!

Greta rejoiced when she got back in HER Montana! She loves it almost as much as she loves HER truck!

Myrna, you might consider putting in a storm shelter. Those metal buildings are like a magnet.

Most of the storm hit east of here and south. The devastation is ugle with several losses of life. So sad.

Thank you again for thinking of us. We've got some hotdogs to roast after picking up our precious grandson. Here's a link to Daniel doing wheelies: http://i2.tinypic.com/t8rfye.jpg
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 04:37 AM   #13
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
Thanks Judy, We usually stay at the Nashville Country RV Park in Goodlettsville off of I-65. It is a Passport America campground. Thought you might have found one closer in. We will be going back to Nashville after leaving Cleveland, OH on our way west. Glad everyone is fine and you are enjoying your grandchildren. Safe travels Marge
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 05:01 AM   #14
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Judy, Glen and Greta ... so glad to hear you're all safe and sound. Know from experience how scary it can be when that kind of weather comes up when you're in the Montana.

Love the picture of Daniel ... he's so cute!
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 06:47 AM   #15
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Myrna and Bob, you might actually be better off in the Montana during a tornado or high winds than in your metal building. That building will be flattened, and likely you with it. I once saw an Avion Westport flipped upside down in a state park in Kansas. I didn't see it happen, just afterwards. The Westport is aluminum-framed and looked to be intact. Contents were tossed around no doubt but the rig was not crushed. A wood-framed trailer was smashed, however. So, in your Montana you might be tossed around. That's not good but at least you wouldn't be crushed. A storm shelter or small brick building would be the better choices, of course.

John and Marge, where are you headed when you go west? We're west is why I am wondering.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 05:04 PM   #16
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Gee thanks, didn't like hearing that about metal buildings. Guess it is time to start thinking about heading to the NW. We don't get tornadoes there...just earthquakes.
Myrna
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 12:21 PM   #17
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
The odds of you being in a tornado is infinitesimal. Not much comfort to those you have been in that minority. I lived about 48 of my 59 years on tornado alley and never came close. So being in tornado country doesn't bother me a whit other than I take note of where I would go... just in case.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote