Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2014, 06:38 AM   #1
hosssmith
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14197
Buying a newTrailer

I expect we are going to buy a 3402RL within the next few months. In reading the Keystone site there was a reference to the "Big Sky" package "at the bottom of the page". Help. I can't find it and am curious about it account I want to know all I can about this Model and it's options before making a purchase. I expect I will have to have it ordered to get what we want and I am willing to do that unless there is a prohibitive price premium for ordering a trailer instead of taking a 'will fit' off the lot.

Any information you can share with me about the 3402RL and/or it's options will be greatly appreciated.

We currently own a 2004 Montana and like it so much that we have given very little consideration to looking at other brands. We spoil pretty easily and this trailer has been very comfortable and dependable.

Topic moved to a more appropriate category.
CRAFT-Guy

hosssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:08 AM   #2
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
I have a 2012 3402RL and Love it although next time we will get a floorplan with a all in one bathroom instead of the separate toilet "Closet" they did make a few changes to the newer one's bigger TV different storage in bedroom ,we did not get the Big Sky Pkg for the extra 6k all it had was full body paint and G rated tires but we got everything on the option list(except the dual pane windows DANG!, 6 point level etc...Now Montana will have the NEW Big Sky line coming out which is it's own platform wider frame etc..to compete with Redwood etc.. We will see shortly what floor plans and other goodies it will have
Old 04-12-2014, 08:13 AM   #3
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
For the last three years, the Big Sky was a package of upgrades to the standard Montana. The package included: full body paint; Goodyear G614 tires; Level Up system; radius shower door; and covered awning. Over time most of these options became separately orderable. Last spring Keystone announced they were discontinuing the Big Sky option. Instead they were introducing a whole new line of 5th wheels named Big SKy. These would be separate from any of the existing Montana models and features (among other things) a wider coach (102") and upgraded appliances, flooring, etc.

The Keystone web site had some information on the new Big Sky but it was pulled as there was a delay on producing them. The rumor is they are starting to come off the line with two of the promised four new models. You should be able to learn more shortly.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:27 AM   #4
bethandkevin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12331
We have the 2013 3402RL. We too ordered what we wanted and left little off the list. At the time we didn't particularly care for the paint options on the BigSky upgrade. We put the G614's on before our first trip. They became an orderable option mid-build of our coach. We went for the second a/c and if you will be in warm climates for long I would suggest this. We camped in 100* with no shade and one a/c could not keep up. Also ordered the dual pane (not thermal pane) windows. We camp in colder weather and have found them very beneficial. Six point LevelUp is a must. DW says that the closet right next to the entry door was a selling point for her. We liked the tub/enclosure better than the radius shower for bathing the dog when required.
bethandkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:12 PM   #5
dandt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7142
Purchased a 2014 3402 about 1 month ago...LOVE everything about it. We had a 2007 3400 previously so floor plan was just a few changes. Love the 2 sinks in the bathroom area and thought I would not like the hamper unit in the closet, but have gotten used to it and love the jewelry drawers that it has. Bed was not the best quality but put a memory foam 4inch topper on it and it is a dream now. The bigger fridge is a wonderful and with 2 air's now keeps the rig cool easily. Love the fact that the living room air is ducted so it is quiet. And I love the new color for the outside....cream with black accents, looks sharp and it is something different. Enjoy when you get yours.Thought we got a fair price as well....25KTRADE FOR 3400 and 40K so 65K total.
dandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:27 PM   #6
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
There is a new availability . The Montana line will have all the options listed in the Big Sky package but only carry the Montana nameplate. Full body paint, radius shower, aluminum awning wrapper level up, remote, and G614s. There will be a new line named Big Sky. One more color in the paint scheme. 100 inches wide. Heating pads on all tanks. Second awning on slide. House type fridge. Inverter. Some other few things that I can't call to memory just now. Oh yes!, dishwasher. The best quote I've had from anyone who might know on price is about $30,000.00 increase. Glad I purchased my Big Sky before the big change. I have pictures and details in my office that Mark Krol sent. In overall appearance there is little difference. Some of the details are interesting. I'd really like to have the second awning, may try to get one at fall rally.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:31 AM   #7
hosssmith
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14197
Thanx all yall for the replies. The more we study the more we are undecided between the 3402 RL and the 3725RL. We really like the bathroom (I am not small and need some room) and w/d area better in the 3725RL but what passes for a desk leaves too much to be desired. If we could get that bath, w/d area in the 3402RL the search would be all over.

Again thanx for your answers and we will keep struggling to come up with the right answer for us.
hosssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:37 PM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Larry..any idea on the weight on the "Big Sky" model
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote